2 Program Officers Jobs in Kenya 2021
2 Program Officers Jobs in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: 2 Program Officers Jobs in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
AKF Coast Region
Programme Officer – AKF Coast Region (1
Position for Kilifi)
Programme Officer – Kwale County (1
About the Aga Khan Foundation
Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network
(AKDN), was established by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1967.
AKF is a private,
not-for-profit international development agency that seeks to provide long-term
solutions to society’s problems. AKF brings together human, financial, and
technical resources to address challenges faced by the poorest and most
marginalised communities in the world. AKF has a special focus on investing in
human potential, expanding opportunity, and improving the overall quality of
life, especially for women and girls. AKF’s primary areas of focus are
Education; Early Childhood Development (ECD); Health and Nutrition; Civil
Society; Agriculture and Food Security; and Economic Inclusion.
in Kilifi/Kwale and reporting to, County Programme Coordinator, the Programme
Officer will be responsible for the delivery of AKF Education programme
activities on time, on budget, with quality. The Programme Officer will be part
of a broader Coast Region education team responsible for the delivery of the
Education Improvement Programme (EIP) theory of change to ensure AKF quality
long-term support and programming to improve the quality of the Coast Region
Education Improvement Programme Summary
Kilifi and Kwale Counties, AKF in partnership with Global Affairs Canada is
currently rolling out Foundations for Education and Empowerment, a five-year
project that will improve educational systems at the pre-primary and primary
level, in addition to strengthening women’s empowerment and gender equality.
Programme Officer will predominately focus on the Foundations for learning
component of the project and will be expected to support the implementation of
project activities in Kilifi/Kwale County. She/He will be required to work
closely with partner women’s and/or gender-equality focused organizations
partner to ensure the project is implemented on time, on budget, achieving all
intended project outcomes, and remaining compliant to all AKF and donor requirements.
In addition, the position holder will among other key county stakeholders’
meetings, be required to participate in sectoral technical working groups
(e.g., Education, ECD, Gender Equality) to share information, learn from one
another and address common challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain positive, respectful, and
trusted working relationships with key stakeholders including, partner
CSOs, county government and community partners.
- Participate in other development partner forums at
both local and national levels and coordinate actively with other NGOs and
actors that support education and gender related activities within the
county areas, to collaborate and ensure complementarity whilst avoiding
duplication of efforts.
- work closely with gender equality organizations,
women’s organizations, teachers and CSOs specialized in women and
adolescent human rights.
- Facilitate teacher professional development courses,
including in values-based education and gender responsive play-based
- Promote and support teacher led solutions to
improving learning environment and learning outcomes across AKF’s network
of schools in Kilifi/Kwale county.
- Effectively manage processes to provide teachers
with the opportunities to develop globally informed locally rooted
- Partner with local CSO to deliver the whole school
approach at the school level to promote greater parental and community
engagement in their schools and their children’s in and out of school
- Partner with CSO to develop inclusive community
engagement plans to conduct activities ranging from community events to
targeted in home visits.
- Ensure all funds are utilised in line with AKF
financial procedures and policies as well as donor requirements.
- Contribute to EIP learning.
- Compilation of quality and timely activity reports.
- Any other duties assigned by the County Programme
Qualification, Knowledge, and Experience
- Strong knowledge and proven experience of working in
education sector, preferably primary education with formal and non-formal
- Experience delivering participatory development
tools and community driven approaches.
- Experience delivering teacher professional
- An in depth understanding of the local context in
Lamu and including community dynamics.
- A University degree in education, community
development or social sciences.
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in the
- Thorough knowledge of the Kenyan education system
and the policy context.
- Proven problem solver with the ability to work in
adverse team environment.
- Proven facilitation skills.
- Flexible, professional with the ability to manage
multiple responsibilities with strict deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact at all levels of
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word skills.
should submit a cover letter and maximum three-page CV including the names and
contact information of three professional referees by 10th
Please Click on the following link to apply www.akdn.org/careers
Please indicate the preferred location in you application, i.e
Kilifi or Kwale
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to
Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and
Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.
The Aga Khan Foundation
is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org)