2016 KETRACO Company Pilot Career Employment Kenya
The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December, 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a State Corporation pursuant to the Sessional Paper No. 4 of 2004 on Energy.
The Mandate of the Company is to plan, design, construct, own, operate and maintain high voltage electricity transmission grid and regional power interconnectors.
KETRACO’s Vision is to be a world-class electricity transmission company and the leading interconnector in Africa.
The Mission of the Company is to provide reliable, efficient and effective electricity transmission and promote power trade for sustainable socio-economic development.
To achieve the above mandate, KETRACO has so far completed and commissioned 1,115.5km of transmission lines with 5000km committed and on-going projects.
The company has assets base of over Kshs. 77 Billion. In addition; and to increase access to electricity, KETRACO plans to construct additional 7000km of transmission lines in the next five years.
The Company invites applications from suitable individuals to fill the following position:-
Ref: KETRACO/5/1C/40/94/Vol I – B
The Company Pilot is accountable to the Chief Pilot and shall be responsible for the efficient, cost effective and safe operation of Company aircraft.
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Operating Company aircraft;
- Observing compliance with operating limitations in the aircraft flight manual;
- Ensuring aircraft maintenance is carried out in accordance with the maintenance manual to avoid unnecessary grounding of aircraft;
- Carrying out appropriate flight tests for the issuance of a certificate of maintenance;
- Ensuring compliance with mandatory modifications as required by the manufacturer;
- Ensuring aircraft availability for monthly transmission network inspections and system breakdown at all times during daylight;
- Keeping radio communication on at all times between the aircraft, the working tower and the ground coordinator when on transmission line work;
- Participating in the execution of air-mobile work on transmission lines;
- Ensuring the safety of the aircraft and personnel at all times the aircraft is in operation.
The right candidate will have:
- B+ or equivalent;
- Minimum Commercial Pilots License (CPL) on Helicopters;
- At least 1000hrs on helicopters;
- Twin Engine Helicopter experience( Minimum 500hrs);
- Must be fluent in English;
- Good inter personal and communication skills;
In addition to the above, successful candidates will be expected to:-
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board where applicable;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- A certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- Possess strong coordination skills and a high regard for safety;
- Comply with all mandated regulations;
- Be able to work a continuous travel based rotation schedule;
- Have ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities;
- Have ability to work cooperatively in team environment;
- Be able to work independently in an efficient manner;
- Have ability to travel extensively and work overtime;
- Continuously maintain a positive attitude and awareness for Safety;
- Have Computer and internet skills.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
1. The appointment will be on permanent and pensionable terms
2. The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 8th December, 2016.
Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees.
Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport.
The Managing Director,
Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited,
KAWI Complex, 4th Floor,
Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road,
P.O. Box 34942 – 00100,
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/details as sought for will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
KETRACO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.