2017 Nova Pioneer Head Coaches New Job in Tatu City Kenya
Nov 2017 Nova Pioneer Head Coaches New Job in Tatu City Kenya
Nov 2017 Nova Pioneer Head Coaches Current Job in Tatu City Kenya
Nov 2017 Nova Pioneer Head Coaches Job Vacancy in Tatu City Kenya
Job Vacancy: Head Coaches
Working hours: 16-20 hours weekly.
Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Head Coaches who are passionate about coaching student in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for different sports competitions.
About Nova Pioneer: Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century.
About the role:
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assess player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Work with the Principal in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Coach and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observe players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determine game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Monitor the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Works with the Principal / Athletic Director to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data cards, insurance records, equipment inventory, and other related records.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Some experience as a Basketball, Rugby, Football or Athletics Coach or assistant coach at the secondary school or college level preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Eye-hand, mind-eye coordination, physical dexterity, and the ability to bend, stoop, walk, talk, and sit. The ability to travel between locations.
- Course work in sport coaching and the prevention of athletic injuries. Continue educational training.
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume.
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.