2018 Busara Center Accounts Payable Assistant Job in Kenya
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
Job Vacancy: Accounts Payable Assistant
Busara is a behavioral science research and advisory organization that conducts projects across a wide range of sectors and disciplines, including financial inclusion, health, and governance.
In four years, we have grown from four people in our Nairobi office to over 100 across the region. We are a US 501(c)3 nonprofit with our main operations in Kenya, a new office in Uganda, and active projects in Tanzania, Nigeria, Ethiopia, and Ghana.
The position of Accounts Payable Assistant is created to perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
The position holder is generally responsible for processing invoices and issuing payments. S/he is also expected to perform related tasks included in this role in line with the overall objectives of Busara as an organization. Below are the main duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
The position is also responsible for additional finance and accounting duties within finance department as may be directed. The ideal person should be a CPA with accounting experience, is a proactive communicator, and has a high level of attention to detail.
- Plan and perform scheduled payment runs per established due dates, sorting payments per each platform and confirming available balances before each payment run
- Review all payment requests to ensure they are approved, posted and match invoices against supporting backups
- Prepare approved and posted invoices for payment in all platforms used by Busara for processing payments
- Work closely and liaise with payment requestors to research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues whenever necessary
- Key in manually or upload all payment requests into the payment systems, prepare and process electronic transfers and all other types of payments
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date by applying bills in NetSuite and sending payment remittance slips to requestors after each AP run
- Work closely with the account signatories to have payments approved per set timelines and approvers’ list
- On regular basis, perform bank reconciliations in the system or prepare them manually as the case may be
- Prepare analysis of accounts as may be requested, process expense reports and maintain the cash float tracker
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions, correspond with payment requestors and respond to all inquiries in a timely fashion
- Maintain the files for all organization documents per established system
- Assist with month end closing routines as may be required
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Any other task that may be assigned
Education and Experience
- CPA or equivalent
- 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience in a busy environment
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Good knowledge of accounts payable
- Good knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Good knowledge of relevant accounting software (Quick Books, NetSuite, other database systems)
- Capacity to work with and meet deadlines
- Good communication and information management skills particularly on sharing feedback
- Able to be self-supervised, organized and prioritizing tasks
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Trustworthy and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Good judgment and proactive initiatives
- Problem-solving skills
- Team work
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online