2018 Job in Kwale Kenya – RTI International K-YES Project
March 2018 Driver Job Vacancy in Kwale Kenya – RTI International K-YES Project
Career Opportunity: Driver
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is currently seeking staff for the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES) in Kenya that aims to enhance employability of Kenyan youth (Ages 18-35) for increased wage and self-employment, underemployed youth who have not completed secondary school.
K-YES project is a 5 year activity that will result in increased workforce competitiveness in the sectors targeted currently implementing in Nairobi, Kwale, Kericho Bungoma, Garissa, Kisii, West Pokot, Migori & Nyeri Counties.
We seek to recruit a Driver to be based in Kwale Office.
The driver will serve as a chauffeur for Kwale project staff, consultants and other visitors as assigned by supervisor. S/he will be in charge of maintaining high standard of cleanliness of the project vehicle in his/her custody. S/he will also ensure that the project vehicle assigned is well serviced and maintained as required and perform administrative tasks as assigned.
- Drive project / office staff members, consultants and other visitors on project / office business;
- Provide transportation to and from the airport, hotel, project sites, and other locations as assigned;
- Ensure that the vehicle has all required registrations / licensing and inspections, and that necessary documentation is retained with the vehicle;
- Ensure vehicle has sufficient amount of gas, maintain the vehicles’ cleanliness, and ensure its security for daily use and proper evening and weekend storage at office site;
- Read and understand specific vehicle operating manual to ensure the safe and appropriate operations of the vehicle;
- Obey traffic rules and road signs, negotiate, liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate smooth running of vehicle movements;
- Maintain record of trips including kilometers traveled, fuel consumed and cost, and dates of oil changes, all according to established procedures;
- Produce weekly records of mileage traveled;
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
- Arrange for repairs and regularly scheduled maintenance of the vehicle as per manufacturer’s suggested schedule;
- Ensure that all regulations are followed in case of an accident and that required paper work is submitted;
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Pick up and deliver shipments and documents as assigned;
- Identify any apparent problems such as insecurity during driving operations and report them to the Finance and Administration Assistant;
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all project / office personnel;
Qualifications and Experience: Driver / Chauffer experience for at least 3 years with a valid Kenya driver’s license;
Skills & Abilities:
- Proof of good driving record;
- Experience in driving and familiarity through rural terrain preferred;
- Prior experience on USAID-funded projects preferred;
- Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, professionalism, patience, good humor, flexibility, and overall positive attitude;
- Administrative experience with ability to perform computations preferred;
- Neat and professional appearance;
- Oral and written English language fluency;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th March, 2018
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE and COUNTY in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
English language CVs preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process