2018 Jobs Vacancy APHRC Research Assistant Jobs April 2018 Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy APHRC Research Assistant Jobs April 2018 Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy APHRC Research Assistant Jobs April 2018 Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Research Assistant Kenyan Job at African Population and Health Research Center
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute engaged in multidisciplinary, evidence-based policy research.
APHRC address important issues and challenges facing Africa in areas such as education, health, population, aging, urbanization and wellbeing. We engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings to influence policy decisions and improve the quality of life in Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit a research assistant to work in Garissa, Kenya
- Liaise and coordinate with sub-grantees to ensure that implementation adheres to the research protocol.
- Coordinate and supervise all data collection activities- which may involve medical records review, qualitative and quantitative interviews.
- Attend and represent the APHRC at County and sub-County meetings that have a bearing on the project (maternal, newborn and child health).
- Write and submit field progress reports as per laid down schedule.
- Perform project related duties assigned by the project manager or other person working on the project.
- Ensure community mobilization and education of the community in relation to the research project.
- Supervise and coordinate field work in the execution of the research project to ensure timely implementation of field operations.
- Monitor field work and ensure field staff adhere to data quality guidelines.
- Assist in the development of fieldwork project reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in social sciences or other related field.
- At least one year experience in research activities in either qualitative or quantitative data collection.
- Supervisory/leadership skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a research institution, coordinating fieldwork or research activities.
- Good quantitative or qualitative skills; experience with mixed methods will be an advantage provided one is very strong in quantitative or qualitative methods.
- MUST be based in Garissa.
- Has worked in North Eastern before, speaks local language and has experience working with multiple partners including government agencies.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and under tight deadlines.
- Computer literate.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the data collection.
- Be willing to work outside normal business hours.
- Have strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and interviewing skills.
- Must be available to start work immediately.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV with contacts of three referees via email to email@example.com to be received by April 24, 2018.
Indicate on the email subject “Research Assistant”.
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note: applicants are not required to make any payments to anyone during any stage of the recruitment process.