2018 Jobs Vacancy Budget Officer Job Mandera County (2 Posts) Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Budget Officer Job Mandera County (2 Posts) Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Budget Officer Job Mandera County (2 Posts) Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Chief Budget Officer Job at Mandera County
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
CHIEF BUDGET OFFICER, JG ‘M’ TWO (2) POSTS:
Chief Budget Officer Job Duties and responsibilities
- Provide leadership in budget management to a number of desk officers in the various departments;
- Coordinate overall budget preparation at departmental level within the set timeframe and quality standards.
- Coordinate and analyse medium term expenditure framework for the county to ensure attainment of set objectives;
- Assist the department in costing the programmes to facilitate the budget preparation process;
- Determine the performance indicators for programmes to facilitate the monitoring and evaluation of progress of the programmes in line with the set objectives and budget;
- Initial preparation of response to all budgetary matters including issues raised by county assembly oversight committee;
- Analyse project proposals and budget estimates;
- Prepare technical briefs or financial management report for submission to management;
- System scheduling of expenditure consistent with work plan and set budget; Budget planning preparation and implementation at the departmental level;
- Coordinate allocation of resources among the departments through sector process;
- Prepare reports on budget implementation process to inform management on the appropriate interventions where necessary;
- Implement county budget and supervises the process;
- Make financial report on county budget implementation process; Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Chief Budget Officer Job
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Economics/Statistics or Business Administration/Management (Accounting or Finance) from a recognized university;
- Certified Public Accountant will be an added advantage;
- Work experiences for a minimum period of two (2) years;
- Demonstrated knowledge of public financial management practices;
- Working knowledge of computer based accounting applications including the IFMIS system;
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting processes;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant professional standards including International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation including the Public Financial Management Act and Public Procurement and Disposals Act;
- Certificate in Computer application skills relevant to budget preparation from a recognized institution;
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Thursday, 16 th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.