2018 Jobs Vacancy Chief Laboratory Technologist Kenya Jobs KEMRI Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Chief Laboratory Technologist Kenya Jobs KEMRI Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Chief Laboratory Technologist Kenya Jobs KEMRI Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Chief Laboratory Technologist Job at KEMRI
Reports to: Principal Investigator
KEMRI –CCR PHRD (Thika) clinical trials Project is currently looking for a motivated individual to fill in the
The Chief Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for the management of operations and coordination of laboratory activities.
Chief Laboratory Technologist Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the laboratory Director in the overall direction of the Clinical Research Centre Laboratory.
- Responsible for assisting the Director in the design and implementation of the Quality management program.
- Ensuring that the laboratory produces quality clinical results by directly participating in testing a supervising.
- Responsible for supervising all the laboratory functions including but not limited to clinical laboratory SOP development and maintenance, proficiency testing, phlebotomy (policy and procedure).
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all clinical laboratory related issues, results, interpretation and logistics.
- Responsible for developing and facilitating a good management structure within the laboratory.
- Conducting protocol for specific laboratory tests & procedures
- Writing and implementing an analytical laboratory plan for newly implemented research and/or clinical studies
- Management of overall in charge of shipments- by obtaining permission from ERC & MOH and Liaises with couriers and Seattle for shipment of samples.
- Liaising with Clinic on matters related to the study and promoting Lab – Clinic interface.
- Responsible for the coordination of all regulatory and compliance activities and training requirements for the laboratory.
- Oversee annual review of lab SOPs & initiate updates as needed; collect signatures and maintain inventory of archived documents.
- Managing the QA program including EQA and IQC.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the laboratory equipment.
- Maintaining laboratory records, data management and good documentation practices.
- Preparing duty Rota and ensures all sections are adequately covered.
- Conducting lab staff performance and appraisals, orientation and training new employees on Human subject, GCP.
- Supervising laboratory technologists in the collection, processing and storage of samples.
- Ensures adherence to study protocols and proper handling of bio-hazardous materials.
- Coordinating collaborations with other laboratories
- Serves as liaison to internal and external investigators and collaborators.
- Ensures on-going integrity of laboratory samples by overseeing all handling and repository projects while assuring accurate documentation and adherence to protocols and to timelines.
- Responsible for assisting the laboratory Director in the overall direction of the Clinical Trials Research Laboratory.
- Advising the laboratory director on technical issues within the laboratory.
Requirements for the Chief Laboratory Technologist Job
- Possess Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or related discipline.
- A Masters’ Degree in a Science related field.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in a busy clinical research laboratory.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in management position
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in carrying out laboratory testing for research and/or clinical trials.
- Experience in usage of Laboratory information Management systems (LIMS)
- Must possess a scientific imagination commensurate with the independent execution of research projects
- Trained on Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP)
- Experience in laboratory audit processes
- Must have an aptitude for technical problem solving
- Ability to effectively supervise laboratory staff, interns and students on attachment in the laboratory.
- Good communication and management skills
- Knowledge of basic word processing and basic statistical skills of analyzing laboratory data and evaluation of quality control laboratory data
Terms of Employment
Employment is on a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How To Apply:
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 19th October, 2018