2018 Jobs Vacancy Civil Society & Evaluation Expert Jobs Kenya Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Civil Society & Evaluation Expert Jobs Kenya Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Civil Society & Evaluation Expert Jobs Kenya Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Civil Society & Evaluation Expert Job at Social Impact
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth.
SI is seeking individuals with civil society and community philanthropy expertise to serve as Team Leader or Team Member.
Tasks will include conducting a desk review, designing data collection activities, producing an inception report, collecting and analyzing data, presenting findings at stakeholder dissemination events, and producing draft and final reports as the main deliverable.
The expected start date is at the beginning of July 2018 and we anticipate this position will require between 32 to 42 days of LOE.
This is a consultancy position reporting to the U.S.-based SI Technical Director and working closely with the SI management team, as well as two to three other evaluation team members with civil society, philanthropy and/or performance evaluation expertise.
If selected as Team Leader, this individual will have overall responsibility for the quality of the evaluation design, data collection, and deliverables and the overall management of the evaluation team. This position includes fieldwork in Kenya, which will take place in August/September 2018.
Civil Society & Evaluation Expert Job Responsibilities
- Conduct/lead a desk review of documents relevant to Yetu programming
- Participate in/lead developing the evaluation design and data collection instruments.
- Administer key informant interviews (KIIs) with internal and external stakeholders in Kenya
- Organize and participate in focus group discussions (FGDs) or surveys of Yetu partners and beneficiaries in Kenya
- Contribute to/lead the development of project deliverables, including the inception report, desk review, draft report, final report, and presentations
- Communicate project results to key stakeholders (USAID, Yetu Project Steering Committee, AKF)
- If selected as team leader: Manage evaluation team and ensure quality work in all deliverables
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
Qualifications for the Civil Society & Evaluation Expert Job
- At least five years of experience carrying out and/or leading evaluations, including implementing various data collection and analysis approach and methods and developing reports
- Master’s degree in political science, international relations, social sciences, economics or any other relevant field
- Expertise in the behavior and functioning of civil society organizations.
- Expertise with community philanthropy initiatives strongly desired.
- Experience with organizational capacity assessment methodologies preferred.
- Prior experience working in Kenya with an understanding of the local country context preferred.
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in the English language; knowledge of Swahili and local Kenyan languages desired.
- Experience effectively presenting findings to and communicating with client, government, and nongovernment stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Kenya for fieldwork
How to Apply
International and Kenyan candidates are encouraged to apply here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.