2018 Jobs Vacancy Communication Officer NGO Job World Vision Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Communication Officer NGO Job World Vision Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Communication Officer NGO Job World Vision Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Communication Officer Job at World Vision
Purpose of the position:
To operationalize a broad field Communications agenda for both local and global stakeholders to increase the overall influence, income and impact of the Project and World Vision Kenya for child well-being by performing core communications and media functions of the Project and of the Livelihood & Resilience Technical Programme.
The position Holder must be able to communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Responsibilities for the Communication Officer Job
- Production of Communications resources for IMARA
- (Media, Internal, Emergency, Advocacy, Community Voice Comms)
- Production of high quality, Natural Resource Management, child focused, compelling andissues-oriented fundraising, advocacy and publicity materials (web-based, electronic, print,photo and video content) for effective Sida and public engagement.
- Produce high quality, NRM, child-focused visual (photo and/or video) content that engagesbroad audiences and enables supporter transformation, staff engagement, and advocacyand revenue generation.
- Develop and maintain media contacts, pitch compelling NRM content and positionIMARA in influential media outlets in the national and global levels.
- Produce rapid information and compelling needs and impact-focused content forPartnership communications and marketing for Environment and Climate Change related issues.
- Prepare written project materials, internal newsletters, presentation materials andother communications products for the Sida, GoK, IMARA Consortium.
- Develop and publish digital content for IMARA
- Identify story concepts, host and accompany Sida, other donor, Support Offices, or VIP visits
- Design and manage a project website and a social media platform that engage audiences
- Contribute articles, stories, blog and any other information on IMARA on to the integrated WV Kenya website
- Planning and Capacity Building, 25%
- Provide communications advice including crafting of
- relevant messages and use of the right media
- Create relationships and connections utilizing various channels for information sharing,learning, influence to help shape and advance the communications agenda;
- Develop strategic solutions to given communications challenges.
- Conceptualization of video productions with NO-based Videographer;
- Facilitate training on communications for development skills for IMARA Staff and Consortium members’ staff;
- Train and position approved media spokespersons to respond to media inquiries andachieve positive coverage for IMARA Grant and World Vision Kenya and;
- Support the Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) team by producingcommunication resources/materials for marketing the IMARA grant
- Learning, Documentation and Quality Assurance, 15%
- Document successful stories/case studies and best, and share these during learning/knowledge management events
- In consultation with MEAL and coordination with WV Kenya Project Manager organize learning and knowledge sharing events
- Review project publications and external marketing engagement materials for alignment toWVI quality and brand.
- Ensure compliance to the Code of Engagement, maximizing positive impact for all stakeholders
- Provide timely and quality project reports as required
- Any other duty 5%
Communication Officer Job Qualifications:
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism or other relevant training from a recognized university;
- Minimum four (4) year’s professional experience in communications, journalism orpublic relations.
- Experience in writing/communication of NRM/Environment and Climate Change (ECC) and other L&R Initiatives will be preferred.
- Excellent oral and writing skills; ability to convey complex information in astraightforward, interesting and motivating manner;
- Must have good photography skills;
- Competent in new digital platforms and devices and traditional office applications (Word, Power point and excel);
How to Apply