2018 Jobs Vacancy County Drought Resilience Officer Kenya Jobs NDMA Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy County Drought Resilience Officer Kenya Jobs NDMA Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy County Drought Resilience Officer Kenya Jobs NDMA Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
County Drought Resilience Officer Job at National Drought Management Authority
The National Drought Management Authority (NDMA) is a State Corporation established under the National Drought Management Authority Act, 2016.
The Act mandates the Authority to exercise overall coordination over all matters relating to drought risk management and to establish mechanisms, either on its own or with stakeholders that will end drought emergencies in Kenya.
Towards realization of its core mandate, NDMA seeks to recruit various officers as listed below to be based in Nairobi or its various stations in drought-prone ASAL counties.
Job Grade NDMA 4
County Drought Resilience Officer Job Responsibilities
An officer at this level will report to the County Drought Coordinator. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Monitoring implementation of the Ending Drought Emergencies strategy in collaboration with and in partnership with other institutions such as the ASAL Secretariat;
- Promotion of the implementation of strategic development interventions that enhance resilience to drought and climate change;
- Developing and implementing strategies to ensure that drought management and climate change adaptation are mainstreamed into development planning and resource allocation at county level;
- Developing and implementing strategies for continuous capacity development of county planners in mainstreaming drought management and climate change adaptation, through the provision of training, the development of manuals and guidelines, or other measures; and
- Supporting the design and delivery of the Authority’s knowledge management function to build a strong evidence base to justify investments in drought resilience.
Requirements for the County Drought Resilience Officer Job
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of Principal Drought Resilience Officer or in a comparable and relevant position in a large organization for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Agriculture, Disaster Management, Livestock, Agricultural Engineering from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Range Management, Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Livestock Management, or Economics from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
Computer Literacy; and
- Demonstrated administrative and professional proficiency in work performance and exhibited thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to proper management of the drought management sector.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send detailed CVs and testimonials with the reference number and title of the position applied for, clearly indicated in the email subject line to email@example.com
Applications may also be delivered by hand at the Authority’s offices located on the 17th floor of Lonrho House, along Standard Street, Nairobi.
Applications may also be mailed to;
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
NATIONAL DROUGHT MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
P.O. BOX 53547 – 00200
Deadline for submission of applications is November, 02 2018 while the ideal start date is January 2, 2019. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NDMA is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.