2018 Jobs Vacancy Deputy Director Budget Job Mandera County Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Deputy Director Budget Job Mandera County Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Deputy Director Budget Job Mandera County Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Deputy Director Budget Job at Mandera County
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR BUDGET- JG ‘Q’ ONE (1) POST : REF MCG/CPSB/FEP/2018/08/09
Deputy Director Budget Job Duties and responsibilities
Deputize the head of the budget section/unit;
- Analyzing, formulating and overseeing the management of fiscal policies and other economic policies;
- Undertaking, coordinating and preparing of a financial programe; Actively participating in the County budget preparation;
- Monitoring the implementation of the policies in the County budget;
- Preparing the County Fiscal Strategy Paper and County Budget Review & Outlook Paper; Coordinating the preparation of annual County budget and preparing the estimates of revenue and expenditure of the County Government; Monitoring fiscal sectors and County reforms;
- Formulating and analysis of economic policies;
- Reviewing, analyzing and advising on matters relating to private investment;
- Provide overall leadership, direction technical advice and assistance in budgeting formulation analysis, review and control process;
- Coordinate budgetary making process and implementation for the county;
- Responsible for all related budget preparation documents budgets paper, medium terms, expenditure framework and the program based budget;
- Provide guidance and advice regarding budget matters to the executive;
- Review, analyse, recommend and implement resource allocations and budget requirement for the execution of the approved operating budget;
- Evaluate expenditure partners to assure all critical needs are met and the budget is balanced Ensure effective utilization of budget resources;
- Prepare and submit annual measures of effectiveness and variance reports; Develop budget process policies and procedures for the county;
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Deputy Director Budget Job
- Hold a degree in Finance, Accounting, or any business related field from a recognized institution OR a degree in Economics/Statistics or any other relevant field from recognized university/institution. Master degree is an added advantage;
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in public or private sector; Demonstrated knowledge of public financial management practices;
- Working knowledge of computer based accounting applications including the IFMIS system;
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting processes;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant professional standards including International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation including the Public Financial Management Act and Public Procurement and Disposals Act;
- Certificate in Computer application skills relevant to budget preparation from a recognized institution;
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Thursday, 16 th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.