2018 Jobs Vacancy Deputy Director Revenue Job Mandera County Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Deputy Director Revenue Job Mandera County Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Deputy Director Revenue Job Mandera County Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Deputy Director Revenue Job at Mandera County
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR REVENUE, JG “Q” TWO (2) POSTS:
Deputy Director Revenue Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Deputizing the Director of Revenue Services on various roles;
- Planning, formulating strategies and identifying sources of revenue; Implementing County policies and regulations for revenue;
- Preparation and submission of revenue collection reports;
- Developing and implementing plans to operationalize County revenue to enhance efficient revenue collection and growth;
- Designing effective, efficient and secure systems sources /centers, rates and revenues collected;
- Setting up and projecting regular revenue trends for planning and decision making in the County;
- Plan, direct, coordinate and supervise revenue section in the county to ensure the staff collect the revenue and meet the collection targets as set out;
- Advise the relevant county committee on matters of new revenue streams to increase county revenue collection from the new sources;
- Submitting regular reports to County Executive Committees on matters of revenue collection;
- Implement county policies and county regulations on revenue collection to improve revenue collection for the county;
- Design effective, efficient and secure systems of collecting revenue and liaise with enforcers in case of defaulters of revenue payers to seal all revenue leakages;
- Maintain schedules for revenue source within the county to ensure all new revenue sources are identified and improve revenue collection in the county;
- Set broad performance targets in revenue collection to ensure the county collects sufficient revenue to meet its budgetary activities;
- Undertake periodic surveys to determine feasibility in revenue collection from the new revenue sources to develop policies on the revenue collection;
- Forward the revenue reconciliations to the county Director of revenue and expenditure to ensure all revenue is accounted for as required by the financial policies and regulations;
- Prepare demand notes and debtors’ lists for recovery and follow up to ensure the county recovers all its debts;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Requirement for the Deputy Director Revenue Job
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or Business Administration/ Management or Bachelor of Arts from a recognized university;
- Conversant with QuickBooks and sage pastel accounting;
- Must have experience in revenue collection in the public or private sector for a minimum period of five (5) years;
- Membership to professional bodies (e.g. ICPAK, ACCA etc.) will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of national goals, policies and development objectives and ability to align them to the County’s mandate;
- Be conversant with the provisions of the Public Finance Management (PFM) Act;
- Be a team player with exemplary leadership qualities, interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills;
- Certificate in Computer application skills relevant to financial management from a recognized institution;
- Satisfies requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Thursday, 16 th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.