2018 Jobs Vacancy ECDE Director Job Kiambu County Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy ECDE Director Job Kiambu County Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy ECDE Director Job Kiambu County Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Director, Early Childhood Development Education (ECDE) Job at Kiambu County
Kiambu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the following position in the Department of Education, Gender, Culture and Social Service. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
The Director ECDE will be responsible to the Chief Officer for the overall management and administration of ECDE.
Director, Early Childhood Development Education (ECDE) Job Responsibilities
- Initiate, formulate and implement the County policies on ECDE.
- Monitor and implement the curricular, co-curricular and school feeding program.
- Co-ordinate and evaluate ECDE programs and projects.
- Prepare and implement the departmental annual work plans and budgetary requirements.
- Prepare ECDE strategies and give technical advice and guidance to personnel in lower cadre.
- Implement the ECDE staff training and appraisals.
- Promote awareness on early childhood needs and demands to local communities and parents.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual reports.
Requirements for the Director, Early Childhood Development Education (ECDE) Job
- A Masters degree in Early Childhood Education (ECDE);
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECDE)/Education or related degree from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- Have at least ten (10) years relevant working experience in education management, five (5) of which must have been in a senior managerial position in the public or private sector;
- Be well versed in education policy design and development, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence in work performance and results;
- Must be computer literate;
- Must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees. Academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 2362 – 00900
Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the specific box provided on the first floor Thika Sub-County offices (at the County Public Service Board offices – Room 103) between 8.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m on weekdays.
Applicants should seek clearance from and attach copies or evidence thereof of the CURRENT (valid in 2018) documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before the 15th August, 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.