2018 Jobs Vacancy Kenya Red Cross Jobs Facility In Charge Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Kenya Red Cross Jobs Facility In Charge Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Kenya Red Cross Jobs Facility In Charge Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Facility In Charge Job Vacancy in Kenya at Kenya Red Cross
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations.
The society is set to open a Drugs and Substance abuse Rehabilitation Center in Hindi, Lamu County.
The Centre will provide both Out-patient and In-patient services focusing on prevention, treatment and harm reduction of drugs and substance abuse. The Society is therefore searching for qualified, dedicated and enthusiastic individuals to fill the below position:
Position Title: Facility In Charge
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Job Location: Lamu
The Facility in Charge will be working under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Manager, Drugs and Substance Abuse Management and will be directly responsible for the overall management of the clinical services at the rehab.
- Provide overall coordination of all the programs under Clinical Services i.e. hospital, pharmacy, laboratory, etc
- In coordination with Programme Manager, formulate curative program goals, objectives and intervention strategies.
- Attend coordination meetings on a regular basis
- Review the clinical services program through regular rounds to ensure that implementation is in line with overall program goals and objectives.
- Coordinate all referrals of patients as per MoH referral guidelines
- Monitoring and supervision of all Clinical Services staff to ensure that work is done properly and efficiently
- Routinely monitor staff performance according to their job description and provide written feedback in a timely manner.
- Ensure ongoing education programs for health staff through planning for regular health related trainings, and ensuring CMEs take place on a weekly basis
- In coordination with Programme Manager, periodically monitor, evaluate and make appropriate recommendations regarding health, and living conditions of the clients and assist with ensuring that proper health measures are in place according to KRCS health requirements
- Review personnel issues and concerns of facility staff and assist with determining and implementing solutions.
- Determine personnel needs for field-level activities and in coordination with the Programme Manager and Human Resources Officer assist in recruitment of staff.
- In coordination with the Programme Manager, authorize medical evacuation of staff.
- Recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of health staff to the
- Programme Manager, in line with the HR policy guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to budgets by reviewing expenditures and spending patterns.
- Ensure procurement plans for all grants are developed and adhered to.
- Recommend grant and budget revisions to the Programme Manager.
- Monitor closely the morbidity and mortality trends together with all the other health indicators in the HIS, and ensure that prompt actions are taken to correct irregularities
- Participate in preparation and submission of narrative donor reports on a timely basis in consultation with the Programme Manager and BIS Assistant
- Keep the Programme Manager informed of all developments and issues through weekly situation reports
- Supervise regular review and revision of training manuals to maintain consistency with the acceptable protocols.
- Maintain updated libraries of manuals and other resources at all field sites.
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the Programme Manager.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution or an equivalent
- Further qualifications in clinical psychiatry will be an added advantage.
- Two years’ experience in mental health and addiction management or public health in developing countries.
- A mature person of high professional discipline and moral integrity, able to work under stress as the situation may dictate.
- Must be registered with Kenya Medical and Dentist Board and allowed to practice in Kenya.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills
- A strong sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Excellent (written and oral) communication and excellent interpersonal skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively handle and manage interpersonal conflict.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity, emotional intelligence and objectivity.
- Be highly respectful towards all KRCS staff and stakeholders.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Proficiency in computer especially in EXCEL and MS WORD is a MUST
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 27th April 2018.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and practicing licence where applicable, names and contacts of three referees.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.