2018 Jobs Vacancy Kibabii University Jobs Senior Technician Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Kibabii University Jobs Senior Technician Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Kibabii University Jobs Senior Technician Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
(Information Technology Department) Senior Technician III Job Kenya at Kibabii University
Senior Technician Job Responsibilities
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of a range of IT practicals at various levels within the University.
- Participate in the review of IT practical manuals and materials on a regular basis, updating when required within the departments to align them with market programme needs.
- Participate in the development and application of innovative and appropriate IT practical, delivery /demonstration techniques and materials that create interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students in the department for effective learning and teaching.
- Transfer IT practical skills, methods and techniques to students and other stakeholders in the department.
- Ensure that IT practicals design and delivery comply with the quality standards and regulations of the university and the department.
- Supervise students computing projects, field trips and where appropriate, industrial placements and Industrial training to equip students with on job training and skills.
- To test for competency among students and the level of computing knowledge required.
- Ensure that the IT practicals content and methods of delivery are in accordance with equal opportunities, and respond to issues relating to staff and student needs.
- Participate in determining relevant research objectives and prepare research practicals for the department.
- Identify materials and equipment and oversee the process of securing them for the department for practicals and research in the department.
- Carry out guided research and act as a participant in the research in projects in the department.
- Participate in writing or contribute to preparations of laboratory manuals using other appropriate media within and without the department.
- Act as a referee and contribute to peer assessment of other technicians within the department, and ensure that quality practicals and research is carried out.
- Providing personal administrative support to the lecturers.
Requirements for the Senior Technician Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science/Computer Technology/Computer Engineering.
- Higher National Diploma in IT/Computer Science/Computer Technology/Computer Engineering with three (3) years’ working experience.
- Diploma in IT/Computer Science/Computer Technology/Computer Engineering with nine (9) years working experience 3 of which as Technician Scale 7 or its equivalent.
- Membership to a recognized professional body.
How to Apply
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae in the prescribed format, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must be attached to the application email and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be used as back up.
Applicants for positions at Scale twelve (12) and above must also submit the following valid documents:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department- (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general should also be sent to the address below before Friday 18th May, 2018.
All applications should clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position “Application for the position of (position applied for)”and submitted as follows:
- Ten (10) hard copies
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email be sent to the following email: email@example.com
Applications should be addressed as registered mail to:
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. BOX 1699 – 50200
The Vice Chancellor
and Dropped at
Kibabii University-Main Campus,
Administration Block, Third Floor, Room ABA 308,