2018 Jobs Vacancy Municipal Manager Job Nyeri County Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Municipal Manager Job Nyeri County Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Municipal Manager Job Nyeri County Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Nyeri Municipal Manager Job at County Government of Nyeri
The County Government of Nyeri wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Nyeri Municipal Manager, Job Group ‘Q’ – 1 post
Nyeri Municipal Manager Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Municipal Board, the Municipal Manager will be responsible for the functions provided in the Urban Areas and Cities Act 2015 which include but are not limited to:
- Developing policies, plans, strategies and programs for approval by the Board in consultation with the County Executive Committee
- Formulation and implementation of Integrated Development Plans as guided by the Municipal Board County Executive Committee
- Development and management of schemes, including site developments in collaboration with relevant national and county agencies
- Implementation of national and county legislation
- Implementation of Board policies on control of land use, land subdivision, land development and zoning by the public and private sector.
- Promoting infrastructural development and service delivery within the municipality
- Management and administration in accordance with the Urban Areas and Cities Act and all other relevant laws
- Implementation and monitoring of performance management systems: and
- Implementation of any other Municipal Board decision.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Municipal Board
Requirements For the Nyeri Municipal Manager Job
The candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Management, Public Administration, Business Management or any other relevant Degree from a university recognized in Kenya
- Possession of a relevant Master’s Degree would be an added advantage
- Have proven experience in a senior position in administration or management in the public or private sector for a term not less than five(5) years.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution on Leadership and integrity
- Officers serving in the public sector within the county will have an added advantage
Salary and benefits: As per the guidelines provided by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Applicants MUST attach their C.V together with certified copies of the following documents:
- Academic and Professional Certificates and other testimonials.
- National Identity Card
- Certificate of Good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (C.I.D).
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (K.R.A).
- The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons from any part of the country are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Written applications, together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
Nyeri County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 90 – 10100
The applications should reach the Secretary on or before 10th August 2018.