2018 Jobs Vacancy Network Support Officer Job Consolidated Bank Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Network Support Officer Job Consolidated Bank Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Network Support Officer Job Consolidated Bank Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Network Support Officer Job at Consolidated Bank
Consolidated Bank is Kenya’s SME bank of choice that provides flexible financial solutions that support our customers in achieving success.
The Bank is well positioned, with presence in majority of the country’s business hubs to continually offer pleasant and convenient services.
We seek to recruit qualified, experienced, competent and highly motivated individuals for the following open vacancy.
Reporting to the ICT Infrastructure Manager, the Network Support Officer’s responsibility is to strategically manage the development and maintenance of an efficient, reliable ICT infrastructure networks (both LAN and WAN) and technical services support, including the optimum deployment and utilization of the client ICT resources.
Network Support Officer Job Responsibilities
- To lead on the configuration of ICT network systems and equipment; including hardware, peripherals, and software and ensure efficient performance and deployment of appropriate business and support services.
- Responsible for managing outsourced IT service providers’ performance in accordance with the agreed KPIs as per the SLAs.
- To manage the performance monitoring of ICT resources and perform advanced diagnosis and resolution of network infrastructure, software and hardware faults (including peripherals and web servers).
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications; monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Taking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replacing parts as required.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Technical support for people using the network and day to day administration and monitoring of network use.
- Provide up to date and consistent build specification and documentation for the core IT infrastructure and IT security infrastructure.
- Management LAN and WAN infrastructure, including telephony (IP, E1 and VOIP transport) QoS, and VPN.
Qualifications for the Network Support Officer Job
- University degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Master’s Degree or Diploma will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a highly commercial IT environment related to planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of LAN/WAN and huge commercial ICT infrastructure and networking systems is required.
- Professional technical qualification in CISCO, WAN/LAN technologies and ITIL required.
- Professionalism – Sound judgment in applying technical expertise to resolve a range of issues.
- Knowledge and ability to provide technical guidance to the users.
- Planning and Organizing – Ability to plan work assignments, juggle competing demands and deliver within stipulated deadlines.
- Good communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audience on ICT-related matters
- Demonstrate excellent reporting and documenting skills.
- Ability to adapt to a busy work environment.
- Good understanding of business processes and workflows and their relationships to current and future software solutions.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward hard copies of their applications, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contacts and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by Friday, 31st August 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Head of Human Resources
P.O. Box 51133 – 00200
Consolidated Bank is an equal opportunity employer.