2018 Jobs Vacancy Production Manager Kenyan Jobs Watervale Investment Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Production Manager Kenyan Jobs Watervale Investment Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Production Manager Kenyan Jobs Watervale Investment Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Production Manager Job at Watervale Investment
Location: Mombasa Rd, Nairobi.
Who we are
Watervale is transforming Kenya’s furniture industry to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Joining us combines the stability of a mid-sized company with the growth opportunity of a start-up.
Roles for the Production Manager Job
- Work with the supply chain department to forecast and plan for present and future consumption of raw materials to ensure that materials are always available.
- Evaluate production schedules and labour requirements to provide work direction, effectively balance labour resources and provide feedback on planning. Provide justification for additional personnel.
- Develops and maintains production metrics for quality, delivery, and safety, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports
- Maintain favourable working relationships with employees through open communication, visibility, and involvement to promote a positive working environment that maximizes safety, employee engagement, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness
- Continually analyse, identify and set expectations to motivate workers to achieve objectives and goals through providing feedback and recognition
- Manages employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training methods that are in compliance with current procedures and quality standards
- Ensure that goods produced by the production team are always meet the quality standards.
- Monitor product standards at various levels of production and at the point of release so that the cost of rework is reduced.
- Monitor and recommend necessary changes to the layout of plant, machinery and production processes and methods for any new equipment, materials or components.
- Continuously work to improve the cost of products by optimizing raw materials, labour and utilities.
- Review and recommend appropriate measures to control and minimize waste levels.
- Review production practices, methods, processes, equipment and facilities and make proposals for improvements to ensure that they are the most efficient and effective available
- Work on research and development so that we’re constantly up to date and working with the latest technology and using the most efficient manufacturing practices.
Production Manager Job Qualifications
We’re looking for new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles.
We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character.
Any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply.
Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues. Candidates with at least 3 years’ management experience managing a team of at least 15 preferable.
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing setting (process, chemical, mechanical)
- Technical background preferable.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply online.