2018 Jobs Vacancy Programme Officer Job Mandera County (5 Posts) Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Programme Officer Job Mandera County (5 Posts) Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Programme Officer Job Mandera County (5 Posts) Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Special Programme Officer Job at Mandera County
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
SPECIAL PROGRAMME OFFICER- JG ‘K’ FIVE (5) POSTS : REF MCG/CPSB/ FEP/2018/08/19
Special Programme Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help in coordination of special programs activities and issues: food security, disaster management, humanitarian assistance and civic education at sub-county level;
- Assist in Developing, implementing and reviewing county special programs strategies, policies and Programs;
- leading disaster management and emergency response activities;
- Participating in the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and Programs;
- Coordination of the preparation of periodic reports of the department Programs and activities;
- Representing the department of special programs in various stakeholders meetings at directorate level;
- Coordinate emergency food and non- food items for first line emergency response; Implement programs targeting community empowerment;
- Coordinate development of capacities for prevention, preparedness, and response to natural and human induced Disasters and Refugees;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of special program for Mandera County Relief food management;
- Dissemination of early warning information systems to the public;
- Public participation initiatives including participatory public disaster monitoring systems; Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Special Programme Officer Job
- Be a holder of at least a first degree from a university recognized in Kenya preferable in Social Sciences;
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than two (2) years in community development as well as environmental and disaster management;
- Be a good team player with exemplary leadership qualities, interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills;
- Good planning, organizational, communication and analytical skills; Proficiency in computer applications;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Thursday, 16 th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.