2018 Jobs Vacancy Social Impact Evaluator Kenya Jobs Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Social Impact Evaluator Kenya Jobs Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Social Impact Evaluator Kenya Jobs Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Evaluator Job at Social Impact
SI is seeking an individual to serve as one of the investigators on this evaluation as part of the evaluation team. The evaluator will provide technical inputs into the evaluation methodology, collaboratively develop the data collection strategy, instruments, and protocols; conduct data collection and compilation; engage in key informant interviews and focus group discussions; conduct data analysis; and develop the final report.
The expected start date is July 15, 2018 and we anticipate this position will require between 34 to 36 days of LOE between July and November 2018.
This is a consultancy position reporting to the U.S.-based SI Technical Director and working closely with the SI management team, as well as two other evaluation team members with conflict and/or
performance evaluation expertise.
This position includes fieldwork in Kenya taking place in August/September 2018.
Evaluator Job Responsibilities
- Conduct a desk review of documents relevant to SCORE programming.
- Provide technical input into the evaluation design and data collection instruments.
- Administer key informant interviews (KIIs) with internal and external project stakeholders in Kenya.
- Organize and participate in focus group discussions (FGDs) and/or surveys of SCORE partners and beneficiaries in Kenya.
- Contribute to the development of project deliverables, including the inception report, final report, policy brief and presentations.
- Present project results to key stakeholders (USAID/KEA, Act! project staff), relevant Embassy counterparts, other relevant development partners, government officials, and USAID implementing partners in Nairobi as well as the SCORE subgrantees in Mombasa.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables; implement SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
Qualifications for the Evaluator Job
- Master’s Degree in degree in political science, international relations, social sciences, economics or any other relevant field any relevant field of study, or a Bachelor’s Degree with not less than seven years of experience in lieu of the Master’s Degree
- Minimum five years’ experience in conflict mitigation and/or CVE
- At least five years of experience carrying out and/or leading evaluations, implementing various data collection and analysis methods and developing reports
- Prior experience working in Kenya with an understanding of the local country context
- Ability and willingness to travel to Kenya for fieldwork
- Experience effectively presenting findings and communicating with client, government, and non-government stakeholders
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in the English language; Kiswahili and other Kenyan languages spoken on the Coast preferred
How to Apply
Please review the posting online and apply here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.