2018 Jobs Vacancy Study Clinical Officer Kenya Jobs KEMRI Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Study Clinical Officer Kenya Jobs KEMRI Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Study Clinical Officer Kenya Jobs KEMRI Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Study Clinical Officer Job at The KEMRI / University of Washington Study
The KEMRI / UW research collaboration aims to conduct interdisciplinary, setting-specific research aimed at improving the lives of women and children living in Kenya.
Specifically our research strives to understand various infectious diseases afflicting these populations and testing interventions. We are looking for motivated, committed, and honest staff members to join our team.
Job Group MR/7
Location: Homabay or Kisii Counties
Job Description: The Study Clinical Officer will be responsible for screening, examining, and enrolling participants in the study and conducting follow-up appointments with participants and caregivers. The Study Clinical Officer will perform physical exams, collect health history, and ascertain other relevant information from caregivers using standardized case report forms.
This staff member is also responsible for management of any side effects of the study intervention and for collecting and tracking adverse event and protocol violations that may occur over the study period.
Finally the Study Clinical Officer is responsible for submitting weekly reports to the study coordinator summarizing indicators of study progress and communicating challenges and successes to the study coordinator.
The Study Clinical Officer will also assist with miscellaneous KEMRI/UW study activities including data entry, data query response, attend trainings, weekly reporting, on this and other related studies.
Study Clinical Officer Job Qualifications:
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Holds a current practicing license
- Three years of working experience as a clinical officer
- Demonstrated competency in standard specimen processing
- Computer literate
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Must be able to work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability, and integrity
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated track record working in busy clinic
- Experience working with paediatrics
- Research experience
Terms of Employment
Employment is on a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How To Apply:
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 19th October, 2018