2018 Jobs Vacancy Travel Business Development Manager Jobs Kenya Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Travel Business Development Manager Jobs Kenya Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Travel Business Development Manager Jobs Kenya Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Business Development Manager Job at FCM Travel Solutions
Reporting to: GM – Operations
Company: FCM Travel Solutions – Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Type: Full Time
FCM Travel Solutions – Kenya (trading as Charleston Travel Ltd) is seeking a Business Development Manager to effectively assist in the running of our Student Division by acquiring new business in accordance with set targets, expand market share and provide service excellence through exceptional people management skills.
Business Development Manager Job Responsibilities
- Market and sell ISIC (International Student Identity Card) cards both retail and co-brand as well as school-based group tours;
- Establishing of discount outlets in line with ISIC strategy;
- Visit schools to research on discounts that students require and close sales;
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products;
- Promoting the organization locally by liaising with local schools, Non IATAs, Uni-bodies, Agents, Educational institutions, ISIC partners so as to achieve customer satisfaction goals;
- Solicit and arrange partners for sales promotion tie-in advertising & promotional activities aimed at increasing brand visibility and market penetration to realize growth of the business;
- Customer service excellence; ensure all clients’ expectations are met and exceeded and complaints and crises are resolved within the set timelines;
- Ensure that services are offered in accordance with Company standards and clients’ SLAs as well as authorized/approved for and fully supported with the requisite documentation;
- Assist in managing and motivating the team to increase sales and ensure efficiency; while ensuring set targets are met;
- Maintain knowledge and expertise on relevant products and markets, monitor competitive activities & trends in the market;
- Coach, mentor and develop staff within the department as appropriate to improve performance;
Requirements for the Business Development Manager Job
The successful candidate will have:
- Diploma in sales and marketing or a related field;
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, 2 of which should be in a management position;
- Experience in Travel and Tours Industry will be an added advantage;
- Should have excellent customer service skills;
- Proven presentation and negotiation skills;
- Must be proactive and able to “think on their feet”;
- Must be a team player and able to work well under pressure;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet strict deadlines;
- Possess a lot of drive and passion for the job.
- Ability to motivate team and simultaneously manage several projects.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competencies match the above specifications please send a cover letter, your detailed CV indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees to email@example.com to reach us not later than 31st October 2018.
Charleston Travel Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.