2018 Jobs Vacancy Web Applications Development Associate Jobs Kenya Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2018 Jobs Vacancy Web Applications Development Associate Jobs Kenya Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2018 Jobs Vacancy Web Applications Development Associate Jobs Kenya Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Web Applications Development Associate Job at Indepth Research
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We are Africa’s leading training and consultancy center since 2003, offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We are looking for an outstanding Web Applications Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our web and e-commerce applications.
Web Applications Development Associate Job Responsibilities
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create web portal layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Cooperate with graphic designers to design and deliver state of the art web applications
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling company and other product websites
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
Requirements for the Web Applications Development Associate Job
- BSc in computer science or a related field.
- Minimum B+ KCSE
- Proven working experience in web programming 2+ years
- Working knowledge of Joomla CMS.
- Working knowledge of an e-commerce platform such as Magento and Woo Commerce.
- Knowledge of e-learning platforms such as Moodle and Edx.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Source code control experience (Subversion, Git, etc.)
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Applications and systems security knowledge required
- Knowledge of Progressive Web Apps development is a plus
The starting salary will be a gross of KES 25,000 per month.
How to Apply
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Interested candidates should send their CVs (with 3 referees) email@example.com on or before 25th June 2018.
Only softcopies should be emailed. The subject line should be clearly marked Web Applications Development Associate.