2018 Takaful Insurance Reinsurance Officer New Job in Kenya
Takaful Insurance of Africa is a pioneering dynamic Takaful Operator with exciting ethical perspective to the insurance market in Kenya and the region. Founded in the year 2008, The Company is the first fully fledged ethically based underwriter in East and Central Africa.
In view of our rapid expansion, we are in the process of recruiting, qualified, experienced, competent and highly motivated individuals to fill the position of Reinsurance Officer in General Takaful Department.
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Technical
Department: General Takaful
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in reinsurance treaties arrangements and negotiations with reinsurers
- Carry out facultative business placement and acceptance
- Ensure collection of all claims recoveries (and payments) pertaining to treaty and facultative business
- Assist in facilitating audits from reinsurers and for completing audits for reinsurance assumed with 3rd parties
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of reinsurance accounts on a monthly basis, making necessary adjustments as appropriate
- Prepare the accounting and reporting entries and reports for different treaties
- Participate in the strategic direction of the Reinsurance Department
- Performing any other duties as directed
- Excellent analytical skills, superior communication skills, business acumen, strong understanding of risk management and good interpersonal relations
- Relevant University degree (Actuarial, Insurance, Economics etc.)
- CPA/ACII qualification will be an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in Reinsurance function
How to Apply
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document clearly titled “APPLICATION FOR REINSURANCE OFFICER” should be sent by email to email@example.com or hand delivery to TIA Head Office, CIC Plaza, 3rd floor, Upper Hill, Nairobi.
So as to reach the HR & Administration Manager on or before March 28, 2018 at 5pm.