2019 Jobs Vacancy Advisor NGO Job. Practical Action Kenya Kenya
Career Recruitment – 2019 Jobs Vacancy Advisor NGO Job. Practical Action Kenya Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: 2019 Jobs Vacancy Advisor NGO Job. Practical Action Kenya Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Practical Action has a great opportunity for a Youth Empowerment and Livelihoods Advisor in our East Africa office.
Practical Action is commencing a five-year project in East Africa, working initially in Kenya with expected implementation in other countries in the region.
The objective of the project is to establish vibrant and inclusive rural economies in East Africa by promoting agricultural livelihoods for the youth underpinned by agro-ecological principles and practices.
The project aims to break the cycles of low productivity and increasing rural poverty, through a holistic approach, which will enable young men and women to increase their income through agri-business.
Being a youth focused project, Practical Action is looking for a Youth Empowerment and Livelihoods Advisor with the primary responsibility of providing technical support to the effective and successful design, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation of the project and ensuring the project meets appropriate standards within the sector and the intended outcomes within its locations.
- S/he will be expected to support the enhancement of personal and economic development of the youth- work with others in the team to increase their access to markets through skilled based education and training; agricultural extension and related services as well as increasing access to financial services (e.g. financial literacy, generating savings, and access to credit).
- S/he will be a member of the regional technical and consulting team and expected to work with a project delivery team and other thematic advisors based in Kenya and the UK in implementing the project.
- We are looking for someone with a Masters degree in international development, agriculture or related field and significant experience in youth development and empowerment/livelihood-related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in livelihood related field, particularly in designing and implementing programing in agriculture, livestock, and/or small business development in rural settings, and at least 3 years of this experience specific to working with young men and women in youth empowerment/ livelihood programming related field, particularly in designing and implementing programing in market related business skills, agriculture and/or small business development in rural settings is required.
- Work week of 35 hours
- The opportunity to work remotely
- 25 days annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees join immediately on employment – employer contributes 12.5% of gross salary. Employee contribution is voluntary
- Life assurance (5x annual salary).
Practical Action is a global innovator, inspiring people to discover and adopt ingenious, practical ways to free themselves from poverty and disadvantage.
With 50 years of expertise, Practical Action has a strong heritage, and track record of bringing communities and experts together to find practical, sustainable solutions to enable people to meet their needs, which work for both people and the planet.
How To Apply
If you have the experience, skills and the ability we are looking for, please send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Youth Empowerment and Livelihoods Advisor” or “Senior Energy Advisor” as the case may be so as to reach Practical Action on or before Friday 25th January 2019.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.