ABT Associates Driver Job Kenya 2021
ABT Associates Driver Job Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: ABT Associates Driver Job Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Latest Driver Kenyan Jobs, Current NGO Job Vacancies In Kenya,
In 2021, USAID Kenya awarded Abt Associates, the Kenya Vector Control Activity. It seeks to build on PMI investments under PMI AIRS and VectorLink. The purpose of the project is to plan, implement, provide technical assistance for, monitor and evaluate critical malaria vector control activities. This includes indoor residual spraying (IRS) and insecticide treated net (ITN) activities for prevention of malaria in Kenya. The project has six objectives: (1) indoor residual spraying and other proven vector control interventions, (2) entomological monitoring and surveillance, (3) ITN durability monitoring (4) data driven decision making to inform strategic deployment of ITNs and IRS, (5) capacity building of Kenya national malaria program and selected counties and (6) continuous net distribution system in the community through multiple channels. In 2022, Abt Associates shall implement IRS in Homa Bay and Migori Counties and in other counties thereafter as determined by USAID Kenya.
Under the supervision of the Procurement and Office Coordinator, the Driver operates and maintains project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of the Kenya Vector Control Activity in Kenya.
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within the base location, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits.
- Transport project equipment, materials, supplies and documents to project sites
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle issues including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
- Observe all company vehicle utilization policies, in country traffic laws.
- Maintain project vehicle, including keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, repairs and cleaning.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel, and tires, maps, and conducting safety and security inspection prior to driving.
- Ensure vehicle insurance, road licenses and any other regulatory licenses are up to date at all times
- Perform project routine business around the region, such as receiving and delivering official project documentation to and from county office, general office purchasing, and photocopying.
- Purchase of basic cleaning and kitchen supplies and assist in the purchase of other project authorized items.
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence, and perform other local errands.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- At least 2 years prior experience in commercial driving.
- Thorough knowledge of local traffic laws and area traffic patterns.
- Knowledge of safety and security principles
- Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through the base location and other key areas of the country.
- Previous work experience on a development project is desirable.
- Time management skills.
- Fluency in English.
- High School Diploma + Two years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
How to Apply
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.