ACTED Appraisal M&E Internship Kenya 2021
ACTED Appraisal M&E Internship Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: ACTED Appraisal M&E Internship Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Department: Appraisal Monitoring & Evaluation (AME) Unit
Position: AME Intern
Direct Hierarchy: Country AME Manager
Contract duration: 3 Months
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting Date: October 2021
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
Under the direct supervision of the Country AME Manager, he/she will assist him/her in ensuring ACTED implements solid AME systems and mechanisms that are in line with global AME procedures and deliver effective research/outputs in a way to inform timely decision making and the adoption of sound corrective measures. Additionally, he/she will contribute to the effective functioning of beneficiary complaints and response mechanism and enhance the trust and confidence of beneficiaries, identify areas of our work which need to be improved and ensure that ACTED learns from the feedback provided through this process.
Specifically, the Intern will:
- Contribute to the development and updating of the consolidated M&E work plan and M&E frameworks for all ongoing projects;
- Contribute to an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed;
- Assist in the development of the ToRs and mission plans and carrying out assessments, monitoring and evaluations (baselines, mid-terms, endlines) as reflected in the ToR and mission plan;
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans;
- Assist follow up of data collection activities as reflected in the mission plans;
- Assist maintaining electronic and/or paper-based MIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative data and information;
- Analyze AME data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation as necessary in a timely manner;
- Assist measuring and reporting on qualitative and quantitative input, process, output, outcome, impact, objective, and goal-level performance indicators for all projects;
- Contribute to the implementation of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in M&E-related weekly meetings and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of M&E;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors etc.)
Expected skills and qualifications
- University Degree in statistics, monitoring and evaluation, social sciences or a related field preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of and experience in field-based data collection methods in development/humanitarian context; use of mobile data collection is desired
- Ability to work effectively with tight timelines, high quality standards, and demanding, potentially overlapping priorities.
- Statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of SPSS and Excel for data analysis is an added advantage.
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- High level of integrity, transparency, and honesty.
How to Apply
Qualified Kenyans with the required skills are invited to submit their curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 20th September 2021 with the subject line as; Application for AME Intern . Applications sent without this exact subject line will not be considered. Do not attach any other certificates in your application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- shortlisting will be on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to fill the position before the deadline.
- ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.