ActionAid Head of Policy and Campaigns Job in Kenya 2016
ActionAid Head of Policy and Campaigns Job in Kenya Mar 2016
Career vacancy: ActionAid Head of Policy and Campaigns Kenya
Job opportunity: ActionAid Head of Policy and Campaigns
Head of Policy and Campaigns
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Head of Policy and Campaigns shall be responsible for the design, development, implementation and management of all policy and campaign work at AAIK.
Policy, Campaign & Advocacy
- Oversee the delivery of partnership support in the identification of key issues affecting women and people living in poverty and key collaborators for AAIK’s policy and campaign work at national and international level;
- Support contribution of ideas by partners from the PSU level to inform AAIK’s policy and campaign work at national and international level
- Ensuring that national and PSU level partners receive the required technical support in the design of community led policy and campaign activities
- Participate in strategic policy spaces both at national and international level; and
- Overseeing development and maintenance of sound relations with policy, research and advocacy specialists at regional and international levels.
- Support monitoring, evaluation and learning on policy and campaign work
- Provide support during the Annual Participatory Review and Reflection Process
- Oversee the development and implementation of a capacity building framework on policy and campaigns in line with AAIK’s campaign priorities
- Provide leadership in strengthening staff and partner capacity In community led participatory policy research and analysis
- Oversee the development of AAIK’s capacity to document, disseminate and learn from ongoing policy and campaign work
- Oversee the delivery of capacity support to partners on rights based approach in advocating for rights and enabling policies in favor of women and people living in poverty and exclusion
- Ensuring AAIK policy and campaign work is well balanced, well documented and implemented in an effective and efficient manner;
- Overseeing the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of AAIK’s policy and campaign work
- Overseeing establishment and management of co-operative relationships with partners and other stakeholders at national level;
- Ensuring appropriate representation of AAIK in alliances and networks both within and outside Kenya as may be required;
- Support the PSU Managers and other programme staff to strengthen policy and campaign networks that AAIK is collaborating with on key policy and campaign priorities.
- Ensure that partners at PSU’s are linked with national networks and policy spaces for engagement
- Coordinate AAIK’s collaboration with networks, government agencies and other organizations on specific policies in order to share information, experiences for influencing
- Lead in the process of discussions on the plans and budgets for the projects
- Ensure that project working group members are coordinated and engaged in the project implementation process
- Monitor, evaluate and ensure regular sharing of progress among working group members and timely reporting to AAIK Executive Director, Country Directors of participating countries and IS
- Ensure that lessons on the projects are documented and shared within AAIK and across the federation
- Ensuring efficient and effective management of staff within the Department taking into account staff skills and leave allowance;
- Participate in the development of programming skills for staff involved in programme activities;
- Undertake performance appraisal for staff in the Department and initiation of correction actions for identified gaps;
- Undertaking training of staff within the department;
- Development of organizational wide performance measurement and impact assessment indicators; and
- Participate in Board and committee meetings and give necessary support and information.
- Participate in senior management meetings and implement agreed decisions and actions
- Share strategic issues that needs senior management decisions on AAIK’s policy and campaign engagement work
- Participate in the Finance, Fundraising, Programme and Planning Committee of the Board
- Coordinate the process of identification of funding gaps on AAIK’s policy and campaign work and facilitate the development of concepts and proposals to support fundraising
- An MBA or Masters degree in social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Have at least ten (10) years working experience in policy/programmes function in an INGO or a large organization of which at least five (7) years must have been at senior management position;
- Have demonstrated in-depth understanding of programming issues and Policy work at organizational, national and international levels;
- Have practical experience in donor reporting, designing, setting up and coordinating, monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment systems and processes; and
- Have an understanding of gender issues in development and demonstrable commitment to promoting gender equity within the organization and in programme work.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills;
- Excellent management, leadership, planning and prioritization skills;
- High degree of integrity, dependability and confidentiality;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills coupled with ability to influence, negotiate, advice, mentor and train;
- Ability to work independently and be self motivated; and
- High level of IT proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, and e-mail.
To apply, click HERE to submit your application; for any queries, kindly direct the same to email@example.com. (Click HERE for system access procedure)
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer.