AMREF Deputy Librarian Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2017
The Deputy Librarian is responsible for planning, developing and administering the Library which include acquisition and processing of library resources such as books, periodicals, electronic and multi-media products, lending services and administrative functions.
The Deputy Librarian will provide support to the University Librarian in achieving the expected results especially advancing Amref International University’s teaching and research.
Deputy Librarian Job Responsibilities
- Develop a system to procure effective print and electronic resources in the areas of academic focus by AMIU, and oversee the implementation of Collection Development Policy, Circulation Policy and others. Maintain constant contact with publishers, vendors and other institutions, to identify resources for procuring;
- Constantly work with the academic and non-academic staff and students to elicit current subject interests and the project areas they are involved in;
- Constantly update the Bibliographic database with new titles;
- Appraise and update library materials;
- Direct and supervise the Assistant Librarians and support staff;
- Identify skills of staff and recommended training programmes to enhance skills and performance;
- Provide inputs for fundraising and forecasting budget requirements;
- Report activities to the University Librarian on weekly basis.
Qualifications for the Deputy Librarian Job
- Master’s degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation;
- Ten (10) years of post-qualification experience in leading a reputed academic institution (library or research institution);
- Evidence of innovative library service and organization of published work;
- Professional commitment and experience in digitalization of the library.
- Librarianship professional and technical expertise.
- Inter-people management, negotiation and attention to detail;
- Communication and motivational skills;
- Supervisory and supportive skills. Competencies
How to Apply
To apply, send cover letter and CV with names and contact details of three referees to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 10 March 2017.