APHRC Senior Communication Officers Job 2022
APHRC Senior Communication Officers Job 2022
Career Employment Kenya: APHRC Senior Communication Officers Job 2022
Job Description: Today Recruitment Kenya
Senior Communication Officers Job, Current Communication Jobs In Kenya,
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS OFFICERS
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization, and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Countdown 2030 Initiative for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health (CD2030) is a global partnership of academic institutions, universities, and UN agencies that aims to improve the measurement and monitoring of women’s, children’s, and adolescents’ health. The project focuses on intervention coverage and inequality coverage and strengthens regional and national capacities on evidence generation and use. As part of the consortium, APHRC is leading the Countdown work in SSA. Through regional networks, the Center brings together research and public health institutions with ministries of health from countries in the region to strengthen the evidence and advocacy in support of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) and nutrition programs. The Countdown Initiative calls for the accountability of governments and development partners, identifies knowledge gaps, and proposes new actions for universal coverage of women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health. For more information, visit http://countdown2030.org/.
The APHRC seeks to recruit two Senior Communications Officers based in Kenya and Senegal to coordinate the communication efforts of the project.
- Develop and implement an integrated 360 degrees communications strategy for the countdown 2030 project;
- Develop content and lead in the design of policy briefs, fact sheets and other communication/advocacy collateral in liaison with country implementing partners and Countdown management;
- Manage media relations, support the delivery of press opportunities – press releases, radio and televised interviews of project partners, staff and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate input and develop content for the Countdown webpage;
- Maintain, update and actively use social media tools and sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) for regular initiatives of the project;
- Provide technical guidance on how to use media and communications to advance upcoming technical and programmatic activities;
- Attend regular communication, technical and other meetings assigned, and provide input based on lessons from past media and communications activities including social media;
- Participate in, and provide direction on project’s communication at country and regional levels;
- Lead the production of any documentation that will be used for publicity, visibility and advocacy; and
- Conduct monitoring and impact evaluation of communications activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, communications, public relations or related field.
- At least nine (9) years of post-qualification experience in communications and public relations, preferably in an international organization.
- Understanding of graphic design and desktop publishing, including Microsoft Publisher and Adobe or Corel suites.
- Visual media skills including use of still and video camera; ability to develop video storyboards and basic editing.
- Excellent editing and writing skills as well as ability to translate complex scientific facts into accessible messages for general audiences.
- Proficiency in MS Office, content management systems and social media platforms.
- Networking, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills coupled with resourcefulness, initiative and maturity of judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
Specifics for the Senegal-based position:
- Experience working in Francophone Africa.
- Excellent oral and written communication in both English and French.
- Excellent existing network of media contacts in the West Africa region.
These positions are classified under Nationally Recruited Positions (NRP), Grade III in our scales.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by September 07, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
HQ Office: APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru -P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
West Africa Regional Office: Office: 5e étage Immeuble Diallo-Lô, 325-327 CICES VDN– BP 45933 VDN NAFA, Dakar – Senegal
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons