Catholic Relief Services Head of Operations Job (Deputy) Kenya 2021
Catholic Relief Services Head of Operations Job (Deputy) Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Catholic Relief Services Head of Operations Job (Deputy) Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Reports to: Head of Operations
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to*save, protect, and transform* lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard t o race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will provide support to the following operational functions, including direct supervision of one or more senior staff heading the following functions: Supply Chain, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), and Administration in support of the CRS’ mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will promote stewardship of resources, help ensure principled compliance, proactively identify risk issues, and under supervision lead operational improvements.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the CP strategic planning and programming by providing input on needed investments in operations capacity – systems, processes and staffing – that meet CRS 019; standards, donor requirements, and local regulations and support high-quality programming.
- Lead and manage operations staff in ensuring systems, processes and staffing meet CRS’ standards, donor requirements, and local regulations and support high-quality programming. Collaborate with programming leads to ensure appropriate project supply chain planning in line with financial plans and proper stewardship of material sources.
- Coordinate and monitor day-to-day operations to ensure supply chain services are delivered with high-quality in an efficient manner. Identify and help address challenges that affect the proper stewardship, mobilization and optimal utilization of program assets and resources (financial, human, and material). Proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and comple te performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality programming.
- Contribute to effective staffing of CP needs and adherence to HR systems, policies and practices that support a high-performance culture, staff development and retention. Help assure quality personnel administration and a work environment that truly reflects the agency’s guiding principles.
- Oversee compliance with agency and donor requirements and local laws and regulations through periodic systems checks, review and assessment of CP’s operations policies and procedures. Act as lead contact and responder to issues that emerge from internal and external audits and provide recommendations and guidance to implement improvements. Support on fraud allegation management in coordination with Ethics Unit.
- Help maintain the proper conditions for learning – a safe environment for the sharing of ide as, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Identify capacity strengthening needs and provide guidance for project teams and partners, which includes cross-departmental learning.
- Ensure that safeguarding, protection, and gender equity are consistently and intentionally streamlined into all program activities, including staff recruitment and training.
- Ensure timely, efficient, and effective operations support to Somalia office and program
Required Languages – English.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%, including visits to Somalia
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none): Direct supervision of ICT Manager, Admin Manager and Warehouse Officer
Key Working Relationships:
External: Logistics Cluster, vendors, and national, state, and local authorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in finance, human resources, logistics, or administration officer/support level position with progressive responsibilities.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience; additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Good relations management abilities. Abil ity to work collaboratively.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Demonstrated capacity to live and work in remote and insecure field locations with basic amenities, few or no other international staff, and adhere to a strict curfew and movement restrictions.
- Management experience a plus. Experience with an NGO preferred.
- Understanding of supply chain systems, including procurement, logistics and warehouse management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, WFP and EU, a plus.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment a preferred.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
Th ese are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
What we offer:
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS Kenya strives t o be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and work, stay, and do their best.**
CRS provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or handicap, medical condition and any other status protected by law. As an equal opportunity employer, CRS will recruit, hire, train and promote persons solely on their qualifications and abilities. By applyi ng to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors relate d to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.