CMMB Assistant Job (HIV Project) Migori Kenya 2021
CMMB Assistant Job (HIV Project) Migori Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: CMMB Assistant Job (HIV Project) Migori Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
HIV Project Assistant Job, Current NGO Jobs Kenya,
Project Assistant- HIV
CMMB is implementing Community focused HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment interventions in Siaya with support from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria through the Kenya Red Cross Society. The overall goal of the project is to contribute to achieving Vision 2030 through universal access to comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment, and care for all. Key to the project’s activities is contributing to the attainment of 90-90- 90 HIV management cascade among the populations we serve. Amongst other result areas, the project seeks to contribute towards reduction of new HIV infections among various priority populations through the provision of behavioural and biomedical interventions to reduce the risk of HIV infection as well as ensuring effective care for HIV infected individuals. This is besides community wide activities to address community mobilization towards norms change, human rights and prevention of gender-based violence.
CMMB is looking for suitable candidates to fill this position. The Project Assistant will support the day-to-day implementation of project interventions and be responsible for realization of project deliverables within their areas of operation. Further, s/he will support operationalization of program quality, documentation, experience sharing and learning initiatives introduced by the project as well as contribute to the preparation of timely donor reports. The position will also support the project’s stakeholder engagements in the county with overall support and guidance of the Project Officer and Project Manager.
Responsibilities Project Management:
- Participate in planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor
- Review and track progress of project implementation and utilization of project resources, using participatory processes to overcome implementation
- Maintain up-to-date documentation related to project monitoring and implementation, including up-to- date performance data on the indicators being tracked by the
- Ensure a working environment of mutual trust, respect and care with other staff, encouraging effective teamwork with staff members and
- Identification, recruitment and retention of beneficiaries
Budget and Financial Management:
- Ensure that project activities comply with CMMB financial guidelines, policies, procedures and
- In collaboration with the finance teams and supporting the project officers, ensure timely payments of project beneficiaries and provide liquidation
- Participate in the preparation of annual project budgets, quarterly and monthly
Monitoring, Accountability, Evaluation and Learning:
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track project progress on project
- Promote innovative/effective methods towards achievement of project
- Support documentation processes of project success stories, best practices, lessons learnt and other project innovations and
- Supervise and mentor the peer educators, community adolescent treatment supporters, CHVs and community advisory boards towards creating and enabling environment for PLHIVs and the AGYWs
- Support implementation of community-based project activities to ensure adherence to set quality
- Monitor the performance of peer educators, community adolescent treatment supporters, CHVs and community advisory boards and continuously mentor them as
- Work with the Project and M&E Officers to prepare donor project narrative reports, collect monthly and quarterly performance data, as well as other reports needed/required.
- Regularly organize and coordinate meetings with key stakeholders on project progress and
- `Engage stakeholders at all stages of the project cycle for their insights on the appropriateness of project approaches and
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Community Health, or related field
- You have at least 3 years’ in Community Health work within a public health focused Non-Governmental
- You have experience working with HIV care and treatment interventions
- You understand the 90 90 90 HIV management cascade
- You have impressive community mobilization experience
- You have an extensive understanding of the Community Health Strategy and working with the various structures under the
- Experience in the implementation of Global Fund HIV Grants is an added advantage.
- Your analytical and writing skills are very good
- You have experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and have data analysis software skills
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based
- You believe in CMMB, where we are going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to apply
All applications must be received by 17th October 2021
Those who had previously applied to this vacancy need not reapply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.