Co-op Bank Data Engineer Job Kenya 2021
Co-op Bank Data Engineer Job Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Co-op Bank Data Engineer Job Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Data Engineer Job, Latest IT Jobs Kenya 2021,
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We seek a fearless inventor with an artistic streak who can find creative solutions to tough problems and sculpt brilliant strategies from a mountain of data, someone who can create the digital equivalent of Mona Lisa with only an algorithm and a smile.
Reporting to the Head – Business Intelligence, the Data Engineer will be responsible for developing, maintaining, testing, evaluating and implementing data solutions and data architecture design.
- Creation, scheduling, testing, deployment, and maintenance, of data pipeline from different source to required destination with the required transformations for reporting (ETL).
- Deployment of data science models.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques and provide reports. Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources, maintain databases/data systems, and apply ETL procedures to normalize data.
- Gather information from business users to understand their detailed requirements and expectations, analyze business/use case requirements from BI analysts to determine operational problems, define data modelling requirements, gather and validate information, apply judgement and statistical tests and develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy.
- Carry out analysis of requirements and recommend solutions to address user requirements. Manage the queue of requests and communicate to the appropriate advanced analytics, BI or data management functions.
- Assist in preparing system definition/specification by the users highlighting technical requirements and roll out BI Solutions to stakeholders. Assist in developing and implementing a program of continuous improvement of BI processes through a cycle of analysis of existing systems, processes and tools, identifying areas for improvement, implement high impact changes and get feedback from stakeholders. Make changes to system/database configurations and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
- Build visualizations to summarize and make presentations to business and other key stakeholders. Filter, clean data and review reports, print outs and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Secure BI solutions by putting adequate controls and restrict access to programs by users in accordance to the requirements of the Bank.
- Understand Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive company performance measurement and reporting as well as analytics across functions and understand how these metrics and measures align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives.
- Guide the business in drawing report formats & wireframes and advice on the best approach to transform data and automate reports as well as Design and code reports/dashboards according to user specification with the key objective to deliver reports that will assist in decision-making and control.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or set up, carry out technical user training as required to enable users interpret BI reports as well as deal with data, dashboards and report queries from users and resolve or advise them accordingly.
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, or any other degree in related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Data engineering, BI & Software Development using Oracle.
- Strong knowledge and experience with ETL tools (Oracle ODI, Microsoft SSIS,Talend), query languages (Oracle PL/SQL, SQL), programming languages (Java, C# )
- Experience with relational data modeling, data management and data processing. Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages in analyzing large data sets (Python, SPS, SAS, Excel etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Big data tools (Hadoop, Apache Hive, Scala, Kafka, Apache Spark) will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of visualization tools (OBIEE, Admin tool, Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, click view)
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques is desired.
- Very good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and a fair knowledge of Unix & Linux.
How to Apply
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number DE/IID/2021 as the subject of your email by Tuesday 28th September, 2021. We are an equal opportunity employer.