Coca-Cola Jobs in Kenya 2021
Coca-Cola Jobs in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Coca-Cola Jobs in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Data privacy & cybersecurity Senior Legal Counsel (EMEA)
Location: Africa, Turkey
Company: The Coca-Cola
You will be part of a
global privacy and cybersecurity legal team in a dynamic global business. The
position is located in Africa, Turkey or Dubai, and you will work with a
privacy team located across Europe and the U.S. led by our Global Chief Privacy
About the role:
The successful candidate
- Work on a wide range of data privacy and
cybersecurity matters in connection with the company’s business and its
- Manage the EMEA privacy and legal cyber strategy
and provide high quality legal advice to members of the global law
department and business teams
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant areas of
data privacy and cybersecurity laws; manage and lead multi-stakeholder,
incident investigative teams
- Provide proactive advice in a creative and business-centric
What you will do:
- Assist with defining a global legal privacy and
data strategy that enables the use of data to accelerate growth.
- Provide sound, clear and succinct recommendations
and analysis to senior stakeholders and business teams around data use and
management that enables innovation to move forward and break new ground.
- Provide oversight & guidance over all EMEA
legal matters relating to privacy, with a focus on ensuring the Enterprise
receives strategic and solution-oriented privacy solutions in an optimized
and networked fashion.
- Support our businesses with legal advice relating
to data privacy and other relevant areas of law, including
cybersecurity, with a focus on the EMEA region.
- Advise, draft, and negotiate data privacy and security
clauses in contracts and prepare data processing agreements, as part of
external contract review or internal templates and modifying data privacy
template clauses with third parties such as marketing partners, suppliers,
- Advise our businesses on privacy and cybersecurity
matters related to new and existing products, projects and business
- Develop and implement data privacy policies and
- Manage investigations, law enforcement and data
subject rights requests that may arise from time to time.
- Instruct external law firms and external counsel
- Collaborate with our legal teams across the region
as well as globally, including, EU, Singapore, and Atlanta, Georgia, USA
HQ, to ensure standardization and alignment on data privacy matters.
- Manage privacy compliance strategy by designing,
implementing and managing compliance efforts relating to EMEA data privacy
and data security laws.
- Conduct gap analysis between EMEA data privacy and
data security laws and the GDPR, CCPA. LGPD, and other laws.
- Refine, improve and manage the company’s EMEA
privacy program, including privacy policies, internal privacy protocols,
compliance plans, a privacy review process, and privacy training.
- Keep current on existing and proposed privacy
legislation and communicate implications for the company and lead the
region’s strategic response and activities to adapt to privacy legislation
in alignment with the Chief Privacy Officer.
- Proactively enable utilization of data in a manner
that will allow the Company to maximize value and minimize risk.
- Perform and or oversee initial and periodic
information privacy risk assessment/analysis, mitigation and remediation.
- Conduct related ongoing compliance monitoring
activities in coordination with the organization’s other compliance and
operational assessment functions.
- Work with senior leaders, security and corporate
compliance officer to embed governance for the privacy program in the
- Foster strong, networked collaboration among
Practice Group, business clients and Legal professionals in the EMEA
Organizational Units to ensure legal services are provided in the most
efficient and effective manner globally.
- Works closely with EMEA Operating Units legal
teams and other Practice Circles ensuring they collaborate for seamless
delivery of legal support.
- Identify work that should not be done, as well as
work which can be addressed through digitization, standardization and
- Qualified as an attorney in EMEA;
- A degree or relevant experience in the computer
science, engineering or software and/or digital forensic fields is an
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in
- 5-8+ years of professional experience as with deep
knowledge of privacy and data protection laws in the EMEA region,
including but not limited to Bahrain, Egypt, Kenya, So. Africa, Turkey;
and experience with a wider range of global data privacy and cybersecurity
laws, including EU GDPR, US (e.g. CPRA), Brazil LGPD, Canada PIPEDA
- Requires a strong understanding of existing and
emerging legal and regulatory developments in the EMEA region impacting data
privacy and cybersecurity, including identifying regulatory trends and
evaluating the potential business impact, and the ability to manage
incident investigation teams composed of various stakeholders
- Requires a knowledge of relevant European laws and
international laws is an advantage
- Prior experience with large, complex and
- Expertise in pseudonymization, anonymization and
- Expertise with O2O/digital commerce industry;
- Experience in handling investigations, including
communication with authorities and other external parties would be an
- Knowledge of various EMEA antitrust and data
transfer tax laws;
- Strong analytic capabilities and written and oral
communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Imperative to have excellent communications skills
to communicate clearly with senior leadership and senior managers.
- Cybersecurity, Privacy and other investigation
handling requires ability to communicate with judges, authorities,
opposing counsel and outside counsel.
- Proven ability to work as part of diverse and
multi-cultural teams of both legal and business colleagues
- Demonstrated business judgment and ability to
prioritize in fast-paced environment
- Commercial-minded, solutions-oriented with a
pragmatic and creative approach.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven
experience in relationship building and partnering with both legal and
business colleagues. Must work well in both team and individual settings.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the
ability to handle high volume of work efficiently, recognize priorities,
manage time effectively and meet deadlines
How to apply
Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Manager
East and Central Africa
Job Location: Nairobi,
Company: The Coca-Cola
We deliver enhanced
consumer protection and global advocacy to ensure our business maintains
license to operate in all markets. This role implements and develops our
global regulatory harmonization initiatives on food additives and contaminants
to protect existing ingredients and to support product innovation and growth.
You’ll be responsible for analyzing the impact of proposed new global food
standards and seeking opportunities for regulatory alignment to remove barriers
to business growth. We’ve looking for a candidate with strong leadership in the
global regulatory initiatives that understands the technology and innovation as
they relate to the food and beverage industry.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Analyze, provide advice, and help develop
strategies on proposed global food standards and potential trade issues
related to food additives and contaminants relevant to foods and beverages
(e.g., Codex, WHO, FAO, WTO)
- Prepare and advocate company positions on global
food standards to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for regulatory alignment in
collaboration with the Scientific & Regulatory Affairs network and
manage such projects
- Provide guidance on regulatory issues to internal
clients and help develop innovative solutions
- Guide and assist in preparing regulatory
submissions on beverage ingredients to global organizations and other
- Manage the distribution of information on global
standards, positions, and other regulatory information to internal clients
- Master’s Degree in toxicology, food science, or
equivalent required. PhD is a plus.
- 5+ years of work experience in beverage or food
industry in scientific and regulatory affairs or relevant related field in
food industry, government or related industry in similar roles managing
regulatory issues impacting products, ingredients, and labeling
- Experience in international food standard setting
processes and reviewing and analyzing proposed standards
- Understanding of the key issues and the relevant
regulatory and scientific proof points to support regulatory advocacy by
developing positions to support innovation of ingredients, products, or
- Understanding the technological need for food
additives and typical contaminants found in foods and their regulatory
principles defining the permissibility and limitations of use.
- Understanding of key trade associations and global
regulatory policy landscape affecting food and beverage industry
What We Can Do For You
- Purpose Driven: Purpose driven approach that
empowers our people to protect the environment and communities we serve
while delivering safe & quality products.
- Global Connections: Allows you to develop,
enhance and maintain global connections that allow us to move faster and
learn from others.
- Community of Belonging: We’re an organization
that believes our ability to continually grow and build the right
atmosphere where people feel safe and empowered, lets you bring your best
self to work.
Development; Chemistry; Sustainability; Environmental Science; Microbiology
Testing; Researching; Project Management; Food Sciences; Food Technology;
Communication; Food Safety and Sanitation; Laboratory Testing; Quality Control
(QC); Green Solutions; Sensory Testing; Data Collections; Continuous
Our Purpose and Growth
We are taking deliberate
action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose,
to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take
an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve
our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious,
empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we
achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company
continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more
about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at
We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis
of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we
collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of
employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices
and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
How to Apply