Communications Leader Job. GE Healthcare Africa Kenya 2019
Communications Leader Job. GE Healthcare Africa Kenya 2019
Career Employment Kenya: Communications Leader Job. GE Healthcare Africa Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Communications Leader Jobs, Communication Jobs, GE Healthcare Jobs
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Media / Advertising / Branding
The Communications Leader oversees, develops and implements an ongoing and integrated communications program for GE Healthcare in Africa. Serving as a member of the Africa leadership team, and part of the global GE Healthcare leadership group, the leader will advise the Africa CEO and core members of the leadership team on how to effectively communicate externally with a range of stakeholders and across the wider Africa organization in line with the business needs and priorities.
- Stakeholder engagement: Key to success in this role is active and ongoing collaboration with the intersecting Healthcare businesses in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) and Middle East, North Africa & Turkey (MENAT) communications teams in addition to the Africa Marketing, HR and Government Relations (GR) organizations. This role works across the matrix to define operational mechanisms and align on quarterly priorities. Also works closely with the global GE Healthcare communications team, Global Growth Organization (GGO) communications, GE Foundation and GE Ventures communications teams on relevant programs and campaigns on health in Africa.
- Strategic counsel: Serves as the communications advisor to the leadership team, navigating complexity and ambiguity. Provides guidance and communications deliverables/action plans on complex, sensitive and business and/or reputation critical priorities. Coaches and build communications competencies of the Africa leadership team. Works across the matrix to maximize executive swings into the region, both internally and externally.Message development: Owns and updates GE Healthcare Africa’s overall strategic positioning and messaging, working with the commercial teams to ensure a pipeline of proof points and customer impact stories that demonstrate how GE is helping customers to improve health outcomes in Africa.
- Internal and culture communication: Partners with Africa HR leader and global GE Healthcare Communications team to develop and implement a sustained culture program to motivate and instill pride in employees and align the team behind business goals and imperatives. Tactics may include quarterly employee broadcasts and CEO employee communications, change management programs such as org restructuring, simplification/LEAN initiatives, and support to the General Managers on local activities such as kick offs and townhalls.
- Public Affairs: Works with the Government Affairs team and SHS to engage Ministries of Health and relevant development agencies at key annual global and Africa thought-leader forums. Prepares relevant positioning / messaging, CEO speeches and talking points, speaker briefing materials for panel discussions and provides executive support for media interviews.Social and digital media: Works with the global Healthcare Corporate Marketing and Communications team to leverage the relevant social and digital channels to effectively drive top of funnel, reputation-focused content that supports the strategic and commercial goals and objectives of GE Healthcare in Africa.
- Media relations: Brings a good understanding of Africa’s media landscape. Develops solid media relationships to tell our story and reach external target audiences. Works with GE Healthcare International External Affairs to secure strategic features in global top tier media outlets such as the FT, and with local Global Growth Operations communications teams to support local commercial efforts.
- Crisis and issues management: Leads issues and crisis management to protect GE Healthcare’s reputation working closely with relevant internal stakeholders in Africa. Develops meaningful and actionable metrics to measure reach and effectiveness of communications.
- Bachelor’s degree. Ideally in Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing, or a related field
- 10 years communications experience covering organizational / internal communications, PR or marketing communications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in French & English
- Able to clearly communicate complex information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver key messages effectively both verbally and in writing.
Copes well working on multiple tasks, sometimes with conflicting deadlines and under pressure.
- Must have demonstrable ability to develop strategic communications plans, advise senior leaders on communications strategy, but also the ability to deliver at the tactical level.
- Accepts constructive criticism and deals calmly and effectively with high-stress situations. This includes continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or ambiguous circumstances
- Works to understand customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and the competitive landscape in the industry/function and considering the external impact of business activities and decisions on the external environment
- Ability to prioritize and navigate effectively through a fast-paced matrix organization
- A mature and energetic team player who is fun to work with
- Experience working in the healthcare or service-related industry
- International experience
- Understanding of all communications disciplines (media, digital, social etc)
- Dependability: Being reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed and fulfilling obligations
- Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Inclusiveness: Energizing others by building a connection with the business team, as well as Communications teams through personal involvement and trust and providing feedback and coaching to help develop others
- Clear thinking: Simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely
- External focus: Understanding customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and the competitive landscape in the industry/function and considering the external impact of business activities and decisions on the external environment
How to Apply
Don’t Miss Your Next Job & Best Career Advice. Subscribe Below Now.