Communications Officer Job UNES Kenya 2021
Communications Officer Job UNES Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Communications Officer Job UNES Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Communications Officer Job, Communications Jobs January 2021
Communications Officer (USAID HealthIT PROJECT): UNES/HLIT/CO/01/2021
Contract Terms: One-year Renewable
The Communications Officer will be a part of a team that supports development of digital solutions working with the Ministry of Health and Department of Children Services. This a full-time position based in Nairobi and reporting to the Chief of Party. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that project results are collected, disseminated and communicated appropriately to different audiences. The Communications Officer will participate in the full scope of strategic communication support tasks – including the development and production of information products and publications, documentation of key activities and success stories, event coverage, field work, photography, social media management, strategy development, videography, and writing.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and support implementation of the project’s communication strategy aligned to the USAID’s Kenya Mission Communication Strategy.
- Contribute to the professional presentation and execution of communications products and services and contribute to systems to track metrics/indicators that will translate the effectiveness of these efforts
- Maintain a clear understanding of the project’s portfolio and structure, as well as the communications objectives and communicate this information appropriately and effectively
- Be part of implementing partners’ communication network and provide feedback to the project.
- Work with project staff to document the key activities and success stories.
- Plan and implement staff communication capacity building activities
- Interpret complex, technical language and make it understandable for different audiences
- Create systems to remain updated on important news and developments in the field of coverage by engaging in social listening or subscribing to relevant news alerts or e-newsletters or other sources
- Tailor content to various audiences, if required, within the field of coverage
- Collaboratively support co-creation with Ministry of Health, Department of Children Services, USAID and implementing partners
- Participate in and contribute to presentations at quarterly coordinating, strategy and performance review meetings
- Contribute to the accountability of the project by tracking/updating content and tasks using project management and filing systems
- Be a part of the editorial and creative process, bringing new and creative ideas to the table based on expertise and research
- Contribute to the development of social media messaging and toolkits with draft messages, corresponding links and appropriate images on a regular basis as shall be required.
- Liaise with implementing partners where necessary
- Schedule and post social media content
- Facilitate compliance with branding and marking both at Nairobi office and county level.
- Assist with other activities, such as assembling materials, setting up signage, tents, etc.
- Design photography and video projects from concept to finished product
- Develop branded templates for short packages that team members can use to create “plug and play” videos for social media
- Work with management to develop and maintain systems and workflows among the team that contribute to the effective management, organization and recall of photo and video assets
- Stay abreast of current technologies and trends in photography and videography that will improve the team’s work in this area
- Lead or contribute to in-house training on basic photography/videography topics
- Coordinate all photo and video coverage across staff and consultants, reviewing for quality and completeness
- Work with social media specialists to create compelling and shareable visuals such as short videos that help the mission’s handle “stand-out” on social media.
- Work with management to ensure proper tracking and maintenance of equipment on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in communications, reporting or a related field
- Experience working with a USAID funded project in a communication role will be an added advantage. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in public health and information systems strengthening
- Solid computing skills, including photo editing and desktop publishing
- Strong photo and video experience and portfolio
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to apply
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
Detailed CV including at minimum:
Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Completed Personal Data Form (Download here [ Word ] or [ pdf ]) fully filled and signed
Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before January 26, 2021 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard Copies will not be accepted.
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY