Community Engagement Officer Job in Kenya 2021
Community Engagement Officer Job in Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Community Engagement Officer Job in Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Community Engagement Officer
To: Community Engagement Manager
Date: Jan 15, 2022
We are looking for
Engagement Officer” who will support in developing,
implementing and facilitating CIVIC Community Based Protection
(CBP) engagement which range from capacity building for civilians in
conflict affected communities, and creation of platforms for
dialogues between Security force and community. Reporting
to the Community Engagement Manager, you will work closely with
the Community Based Protection team, and particularly
with conflict prone or affected communities.
The core purpose of your
role is to support community resilience and participation in self-protection
activities, advocacy and behavioral change interventions. Supporting people
with life experience to share their stories and expertise. Coordinating and
facilitating campaign meetings and events. Strengthening relationships with a
national representatives and people-based organizations, support to conflict
affected communities through community-based protection (CBP).
- Recruiting, training, and supporting community
members and key stakeholders to engage with relevant actors to advocate
for protection needs,
- Supporting people with live experience to share
their stories and expertise.
- Coordinating and facilitating self-protection
meetings and events.
- Strengthening relationships between Government
forces, community militia, and civilians.
- Supporting CIVIC to develop processes for
proactively engaging with representatives of relevant security agencies,
- Strategize and implement ways for programming to reflect
the different protection needs of women, men, boys, girls, including those
with disabilities to increase their voice and influence around protection
- Under the guidance of the Community Engagement
Manager and in close coordination with the program team, support
civilians’ effort to develop self-protection strategies.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned by
your line manager.
qualification & experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science required;
master’s degree preferred.
- A strong commitment to reducing civilian harm and
inequality in conflict-prone or affected communities.
- Experience in mobilizing and organizing
communities to effect change (ideally in a social, environmental, or
political campaign), using a variety of techniques including online, face
to face, and phone.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience mobilizing communities to meet
strategic goals and a strong understanding of strategic advocacy and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
experience working with, and writing for, digital platforms, and
facilitating online meetings with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong computer and digital skills; success using
social media engagement strategies and digital campaigning.
- Experience in capacity building, training, and
- Experience of general protection and conflict
management will be highly regarded.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Experience working with an INGO is an added
- Commitment to team working and understanding of
how to contribute to team success.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly
administratively self-servicing environment.
This job description is
not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities
associated with the position.
Fluency in oral and
written English and Swahili is required.
Up to 40% required
(Domestic and/or within the region). Might be required to travel overseas
to attend trainings/workshops overseas.
- Internal-All staff (Program & Operation staff)
- External – Relevant security forces
CIVIC is an
equal–opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color,
Qualified women are
strongly encouraged to apply.
Statement of Commitment
CIVIC recruitment and
selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and
vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Note to applicants:
CIVIC is not able to sponsor work permits, therefore, the
candidate shall be either a Kenyan national, or have legal right to work in
Kenya. Upon offer, the candidate will be asked to provide a copy of their
passport, National ID, work permit, or other necessary documentation which
proves his/her eligibility to work in Kenya.
Note to Recruiters and
CIVIC does not accept
unsolicited agency resumes. CIVIC does not pay placement fees for candidates
submitted by any agency.
and qualified? Go to Center for Civilians in
Conflict on civilians.bamboohr.com to apply