CWS Public Information Manager NGO Jobs Kenya Kenya 2021
CWS Public Information Manager NGO Jobs Kenya Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: CWS Public Information Manager NGO Jobs Kenya Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Job Title: Public Information Manager (I)
Grade/Level: 9/ Level 2 Manager Division: Programs Department: Processing Support
This position is responsible for the management of the Correspondence and Public Information unit, and manages internal and external communication activites. This position ensures the timeliness and accuracy of all RSC Africa communications with stakeholders. This includes tasks such as managing responses to inquiries, developing public information campaigns, facilitating official visitors to RSC Africa, implementing internal communication, and ensuring USRAP informational materails (for both partners and USRAP applicants) are standardized and in line with PRM branding requirments.
The position directly supervises the Correspondence Supervisor, and the Public Information Supervisor, and reports directly to the Processing Support Coordinator.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of case processing guidelines, the US Refugee Admissions Program and country conditions throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ensure unit processing activities are in strict adherence to DOS/BPRM, USCIS, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of accurate standard operating procedures for Correspondence and Public Information in coordination with the unit Supervisors, and Program Management.
- Ensure development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of accurate standard operating procedures for Bulk SMS and CORE Dashboard Manual in coordination with Africa is Talking Bulk SMS contractors, and CORE.
- Identify and conduct regular process reviews to compare requirements versus current processing and outputs.
- Assist Processing Support (PS) Coordinator in the implementation of the fiscal year Cooperative Agreement including targets set by PRM in the Objectives and Indicators as it relates to Correspondence and Public Information unit.
- Coordinate with unit Supervisors to ensure the fileserver are standardized and organized, while rights mapping is adhered to as per the PS fileserver mapping.
Data Management and Analysis
- Develop and implement department specific pipeline analysis to inform budget projections, workload projections, staffing and to anticipate future workloads.
- Ensure quality checks reports are implemented for Correspondence unit and statistical reports for Public Information materials are accurate.
- Manage reports and quality control checks to ensure use, accuracy and efficiency.
- Establish effective communication systems regarding data for Correspondence and Public Information.
- Ensure CWS Internal Monthly Reports for Correspondence and Public information Units are reviewed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist Processing Support Coordinator in the review and completion of the Correspondence and Public information aspects of the PRM Quarterly Report and the Program Intergirty Guidelines (PIG) Compliance Report.
- Coordinate with Unit Supervisors, and Data Integrity Department to ensure that all appropriate reports are functional and updated regularly and in line with USRAP, USCIS, RPC, and RSC standard guidelines.
- In coordination IT Software Development Supervisor, oversee the smooth running of Refugee website and content updated per appropriate PRM messaging approvals.
- Review and approval all presentations and information materials for RSC Africa senior management as well as requested PRM Refugee Coordinator, Assistant Refugee Coordinator and Refugee Specialist, as created by the Public Information unit.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with RSC implementing partners, including PRM, USCIS, IOM, UNHCR, RPC and domestic Resettlement Agencies.
- Ensure partner communication from the Public Information is professional, timely and proactive. Oversee approval of all Congressional inquiries and provide response guidance to complex cases.
- Represent organizational policies and culture to staff.
- Ensure the workforce is professional when representing CWS/RSC Africa to refugees, partners, the funder and colleagues.
- Occasionally travels and accompany PRM Refugee Coordinator to field locations to disseminate USRAP public information and messaging to USRAP partners or refugees.
- Represent RSC Africa in pertinent refugee related implementing partner meetings in Nairobi including but not limited to Urban Refugee Protection Network (URPN) and other relevant resettlement sub groups in the network.
- Participate and represent RSC Africa in Partners Community Based Protection (CBPs) to identify possible USRAP Outreach opportunities and collaboration with other other implementing partners.
- Provide direct supervision and leadership to direct reports, including completion of yearly performance evaluations, development of job descriptions and, participation in hiring.
- Indirectly supervise Correspondence and Public Information unit staff and ensure staff perform within agreed upon output and quality parameters.
- Evaluate and assess training needs of Correspondence and Public Information units and lead in organizing and providing trainings on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement training modules for Correspondence and Public Information staff, in coordination with the Training unit/ unit Supervisors, and ensure that staff receive cross training, monitoring and evaluation on different aspects of refugee processing.
- Ensure that quality checks are being conducted and feedback is being provided to staff and/or other units/departments.
- Ensure coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out where needed.
- Ensure the establishment of performance expectations and communication, on-boarding and training.
- Develop performance management systems that support consistency in work outputs.
- Manage and monitor staff time, attendance and leave, and complete timesheets in a timely manner.
- Monitor and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Ensure direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave.
- Actively support staff by promoting the safe space, open-door and escalation policy.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment.
- Ensure staff are safe in the field by coordinating with the RSC Staff Security Coordinator and disseminating information related to safety to staff in the field.
- Act as the point person for staff inquiries relating to processing a case.
- Serve as the CORE SMS Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager in charge of collecting and analyzing TextCOREnav data to provide feedback and SMS campaign evaluation.
- Serve as the secondary point of contact for Refugee, Deferral, Partner Inquiries, and Public Information mailboxes in the absence of the unit Supervisors. Ensure inquiries related to other departments within these mailboxes are shared or coordinated appropriately.
- In coordination with the Correspondence and Public Information Supervisor, oversee the referenced units to ensure that priorities are in line with PRM and USCIS guidelines.
- Ensure coordination with RSC Logistics team for all Correspondence, and Public Information circuit rides (CR) including monthly projections of the CRs.
- Ensure annual plan and strategic planning goals are met as communicated by the Processing Support Coordinator.
- Publish a regular communciations newsletter to provide recent and relevant updates on USRAP program updates, as well as overall CWS RSC Africa updates, in coordination with the Public Information Supervisor.
- Manage the production of creative and compeling communication and information materials – sucess stories, photos, videos, fact sheets, brochures, inforgraphics – for various audiences, including USRAP beneficiaries and partners, and others as needed.
- Assist the PS Coordinator and Senior Management develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan to support organizational objectives related to program delivery, branding and organizational development.
- Ensure email protocol for Protection and Operation mailboxes are updated and shared as appropriate.
- Travel to locations throughout Sub-Saharan Africa to conduct monitoring of processing support activities, as needed.
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Certificate in project management is preferred.
· Eight (8) years of paid work experience is required.
· Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience is required.
· Experience in communications and public information is preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years work experience at RSC Africa or US refugee resettlement is preferred.
· Previous experience living and/or working in a developing country preferred.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Good project management skills.
· Excellent computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office and Graphics software specific to Adobe Premiere.
· Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS) database, USRAP Policies and Procedures.
The Public Information Manager must have the ability to:
· take initiative in formulating training plans;
· travel occasionally, sometimes at short notice;
· communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· follow instructions from the Processing Support Coordinator with a positive and receptive attitude;
· deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
· conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
· maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
· carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
· work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS RSC Africa;
· take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
· lead others and address issues as they arise;
· maintain strict confidentiality with CWS RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
· manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
· analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
· work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
· effectively manage CWS RSC Africa’s resources;
· actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/ pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting light loads up to 25 kg.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to travel to remote locations.
The US Embassy rates Kenya as both HIGH in crime and HIGH in terrorism. Incumbents should fully understand the insecurities present within Kenya and the region.
Special Requirements: This position is open to international applicants. A background check, which includes references and an educational criminal check, is required before the start of employment. A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow fever vaccination before traveling for CWS RSC Africa. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Successfully lead a group to achieve operational goals. Examples of skills and behaviors include priority setting; timely decision making; planning and organizing; delegation; and managing and measuring work.
Building and Leading Effective Teams
Earn the respect of team members, create strong morale and spirit on the team and utilize the unique skills of all team members. Examples of skills and behaviors include managing diverse relationships; flexibility; being open and receptive; running effective team meetings; and exhibiting integrity and trustworthiness.
Accurately anticipate future consequences and trends and translate them into the fulfillment of workable strategies and plans. Examples of skills and behaviors include problem solving; dealing with ambiguity, creativity; innovation management and business acumen.