Deputy Director Job NACC Kenya 2020
Deputy Director Job NACC Kenya 2020
Career Employment Kenya: Deputy Director Job NACC Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Deputy Director Job, Current Director Jobs,
Job Title DEPUTY DIRECTOR POLICY, MONITORING & RESEARCH
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Grade NACC 2
Department POLICY, MONITORING & RESEARCH
The post holder is charged with the responsibility to support the Council’s mandate to provide policy and strategic direction, coordinate research and strategic information, monitor and evaluate program implementation, and mobilize resources for the national HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STI) response.
He/she is expected to generate strategic information that leverages cutting-edge information systems and technological innovations to secure an enabling policy, programming and resource mobilization environment for the country’s HIV and STI response.
Core functions The core function is to provide oversight and stewardship for the departmental level to;
- Develop and review HIV and STI-related policies and strategic directions.
- Develop and implement effective HIV and STI-related performance monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks.
- Identify gaps, develop and execute the HIV and STI-related research/knowledge management agenda.
- Provide HIV and STI-related strategic information to develop and implement evidence-based programmes.
- Utilize HIV and STI-related strategic information for resource mobilisation, resource allocation for efficiencies, effectiveness and impact
- Provide oversight on creation of mechanisms for KASF implementation review by counties and other partners
- Oversee the development of HIV and STI-related policy and strategic frameworks.
- Generate evidence to advise on HIV and STIs programming in line with strategic objectives.
- Oversee the development, implementation and review of innovative technologies and information systems to support the efficient and cost-effective implementation of evidence-based HIV and STIs programs.
- Spearhead design and delivery of sector-wide impact assessments along programme strategic objectives.
- Develop, implement and review monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks, systems and procedures for tracking HIV and STIs program implementation and resources.
- Oversee an up to date knowledge management repository for the Council in line with national and county HIV strategic objectives.
- Create effective mechanisms for coordination of the implementation, review of HIV and STI-related policies and strategies.
- Generate and utilize strategic information in support of other NACC Departments to implement evidence-informed programs.
- Establish and operational of HIV and STIs strategic information working and coordination groups.
- Provide leadership and supportive supervision to staff within the department.
• Postgraduate degree in epidemiology, public health, social sciences, economics, statistics, or closely related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, medicine, epidemiology, medical statistics, health economics, policy, or closely related field.
• PhD is an added advantage.Experience Minimum of ten (10) years’ leadership experience in development and implementation of HIV-related policy and strategy, M&E, research coordination and programme
• High level understanding of the status of HIV and the response in Kenya.
• Understanding of human rights-based approaches in strategy development.
• Experience in HIV research, programmes implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Evidence of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
• Experience in developing HIV and STIs-related strategies, policies and guidelines
• Fluency in written and verbal communication including in cross-cultural contexts.
• Ability to coordinate multi-sectoral partnerships and engagements
• Experience in implementing, monitoring and conducting research in programmes targeting vulnerable and marginalized communities
How to Apply
The above positions are on a three (3) year renewable contract basis subject to satisfactory performance through a formal appraisal. The individuals recruited shall be of high integrity and able to work within a team. If you fulfil the requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope by 5:00 p.m on Tuesday, December 8, 2020 to the address provided below.
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT discriminate any applicant on the basis of their HIV status, ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
For candidates to be considered, they will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity. This will include but is not limited to getting the following clearances:
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission on Integrity
- Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The Chief Executive Officer
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200