Driver Job at Islamic Relief 2022
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an international humanitarian organisation that provides development programs and humanitarian relief around the globe, regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief.
Reporting To: Field Coordinator/ Support service Coordinator
IRK is currently focusing on three major themes: Sustainable Community Empowerment, Food security and livelihoods, Disaster Risk reduction (DRR); and Inclusive and protection
Islamic Relief Kenya in pursuit to support and strengthen its operations, seeks to employ motivated, hard-working, and pro-active individuals to fill in the following position.
Under the direct supervision of the field Coordinator Kilifi, the incumbent performs the following functions:
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the safety and security of the passengers and goods on board the vehicle.
- Drive and maintain the vehicle in a professional, conscientious and safe manner by obeying the local road traffic laws.
- Ensure that at all times the vehicle is equipped with the correct tools and spare parts (functioning jack, a spade, an approved tool kit, a spare wheel with a properly inflated tyre and an approved first aid kit).
- Ensure that the vehicle is checked daily and weekly, and correctly maintained.
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean, inside and outside, at all times and that the Organisation stickers are visible depending on the security situation.
- Report all accidents, or other incidents involving other vehicles or pedestrians, to the Procurement officer. Also ensure that proper procedures for insurance claims are followed at the times and scene of any accident.
- To report any vehicle damage or malfunction to the Procurement Assistant as soon as possible.
- Maintain proper records of the vehicle i.e. vehicle log-sheet, service and maintenance report
- Responsible for loading and offloading of vehicle.
- Provide occasional interpreting services for Organisation staff.
- Observe security policy and guidelines at all times.
- Maintain records and logbooks regarding mileage, servicing, petrol consumption and general vehicle condition.
- Maintain regular radio communications between the field staff and Organisation.
- Secondary school certificate or higher education is an added advantage.
- Clean driving license
- Certificate in Mechanical Engineering is an added advantage
- Good conduct certificate.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Well-versed in the cleaning of both the inside and outside of the vehicle
- Minimum 3 years work experience as a driver preferably with INGO/Government or UN entities.
- Good Knowledge of local language and knowledge of the area of operation is an advantage.
- Proven record of picking up passengers and listening to their concerns
- Able to give accurate and detailed information about routes and journey.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a secure environment for passengers and employer while in transit
- Thorough understanding of motor vehicle engine functionality
- Competent at checking the vehicle for problems and performing pre/post trip maintenance tasks.
- Effective skills in keeping records on mileage and fuel consumption.
- Familiar with all Kenyan traffic laws and regulations.
- Known for demonstrating a high level of courtesy and professionalism to passengers and co-workers.
- Committed to helping passengers efficiently when loading and offloading their luggage.
Method of Application
Submit your CV including your qualifications, experience, Copy of National ID, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts and Application letter to Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 26 June. 2022