Educate Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator Job Kenya 2021
Educate Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator Job Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: Educate Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator Job Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Educate!, an award-winning non-profit social enterprise is seeking a self-driven M&E Coordinator to join our ambitious and cross-functional Performance Metrics team. We are seeking an enthusiastic person to start up our efforts for program monitoring on our program.
Educate! lives a culture of data-driven decision-making through best-in-class program performance management and iterative program design based on learning and experimentation. The M&E Coordinator will be at the heart of ensuring high standards and quality around M&E with the aim to promote successful learning across the organization.
The right person for this opportunity is excited about working with data, is a master coordinator and exceptional project manager, is passionate about our mission of creating leaders and entrepreneurs in Africa, and is committed to being part of a high-performing team!
Educate! prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy.
We tackle youth unemployment by partnering with youth, schools, and governments to design and deliver solutions that equip young people in Africa with the skills to attain further education, overcome gender inequities, start businesses, get jobs, and drive development in their communities. Our goal is to design skills-based education and employment solutions which impact youth life outcomes sustainably and at scale.
In 2019, we partnered with the governments of Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya and measurably impacted over 46,000 youth in and out of schools while reaching 470,000 learners more broadly, making us the biggest youth skills providers in East Africa. Amidst the coronavirus pandemic, we’ve pivoted to create and deploy a distance learning model based on our proven in-school experience, and reached over 100,000 students by October 2020. Read here to learn more about Educate!’s distance learning model.
Two rigorous external evaluations of our flagship in-school model, including a randomized controlled trial, found that towards the end of secondary school, participants of our program earn nearly double the income of their peers. A follow-up RCT found that four years later, youth achieve strong and lasting shifts in skills, coupled with significant improvements in education and gender equity-related outcomes, especially young women. Our graduates change their lives and their communities, such as Daniel who opened a rural health clinic in his community employing two people and conducting about 350 checkups per month.
Educate! supports governments with integrating skills-based curriculum nationally. This includes partnering with Uganda’s government to integrate curriculum and a Student Business Club structure into Uganda’s entrepreneurship course nationally and serving as a technical advisor to both Rwanda and Kenya on national education reforms.
Educate! is a non-profit social enterprise with over 160 staff and 300 volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang Philanthropy, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Global Innovation Fund. Educate! won a 2018 Klaus J. Jacobs Prize (and was featured in a video), a 2015 WISE Award, and was highlighted by Bill Gates, in the World Bank’s S4YE’s Impact Portfolio, an Al Jazeera documentary, Forbes 30 under 30, and The Brookings Institution as one of 14 case studies in their global scaling education learning initiative. Educate! was also selected by the UN’s Generation Unlimited as 1 of 20 innovative youth solutions and by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as a Goalkeepers Accelerator.
Educate!’s long-term vision is to design solutions that measurably impact millions of youth across Africa each year.
Data Collection / Coordination: 30%
- Create and revise data collection tools: Ensure that the performance metrics data is collected for the monitoring system using paper tools and various digital platforms in a timely and harmonious manner, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
- Create and revise data collection and processing procedures
- Design, facilitate and coordinate recommended capacity building initiatives, such as termly trainings, trainings on Monitoring tools and procedures, etc. for relevant staff, in order to ensure quality data collection.
- Oversee and coordinate all M&E printing and procurement to ensure timely delivery of high quality of M&E materials
Data Reporting: 30%
- Ensure accurate compilation and timely publication of M&E reports, including Mid-of-Term and End-of-Term Monitoring Reports
- Maintain and update live and non-live implementation dashboards, ensuring accuracy of numbers
- Present analysis and interpretation of termly Monitoring Reports to the Educate! Team as well as the Internal Advisory Board.
Performance Metrics System Management: 20%
- Manage an up-to-date system for (a) programs logistics, (b) program outputs and outcomes monitoring through the SMS and smartphone reporting, ensuring proper and up to date documentation
- Manage automated data pipeline, ensuring that all steps form data collection, cleaning, storage, and reporting are proceeding as designed. Resolve issues as they arise.
- Assist with database set up and management
- Maintain and operate data quality assurance systems to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all program data; identify any deficiencies and suggest corrective actions.
Research support and data analysis: 20%
- Support the Evaluation Function to oversee execution of research and evaluation activities, including data collection, enumerator supervision, data cleaning, etc.
- Conduct deeper analyses of performance metrics and monitoring data, as needed and requested by Programs and Design teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or similar and 2 – 3 years of experience in M&E with a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) at coordinator level, with at least 1 year coordinating or planning field-based data collection activities.
- Demonstrated strong research, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Experience working with program delivery and data collection platforms such as USSD, SMS, WhatsApp through Telerivet, Echomobile, Text, SurveyCTO, etc
- High level of computer literacy: Ms Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills, including experience with data visualization software, including Tableau, Google Data Studio, and/or ReDash.
- Engaging and interactive trainer with passion for coaching team members, with experience in training and capacity building.
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
- Location is Nairobi, Kenya, with periodic travels to field sites and potential travel to other country offices in the region.
- Benefits & perks include a generous vacation policy, health insurance, and breakfast in the office!
Why You Will Brag About Working At Educate!
- We’ve got the impact.
- Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
- We believe in local leadership — 97% of our on the ground staff is African.
- Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!’s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting thousands more students than we can reach directly.
- Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
- We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
What Is Educate! About?
We’re ambitious. Are you? Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time. We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers, and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
- We Put Youth First – The youth we serve come first. Always. In everything. That means we wake up thinking of ways we can serve youth even better and get the highest impact out of every dollar that we spend. It means Educate! doesn’t own a single vehicle, because we’d rather take the bus if it means one more student can participate. It means making every decision like the future depends on it — because if we get our way, it does.
- We Are Always Learning – When you work at Educate!, educating yourself is part of your job too. We encourage every employee to find the best book on management; share the latest article on graphic design; bring in your favorite college mentor; or meet the researcher pushing the edge of the field. We are always thirsty for knowledge and love to share.
- We Only Solve a Problem Once – We are allergic to band-aids so we love the person who brings the new system to solve the problem for good, even problems we haven’t recognized yet.
- We Are Flexible – We thrive on change — we’re driving it. We are growing every day, so we have to adapt quickly to meet new challenges, and our team keeps up.
- We Exceed Expectations – We assume we can achieve the impossible because we already have, year after year. We want our staff to create their own challenges, ask the toughest questions, and dream scary big!
Every person at Educate! — from interns to the executive director — is evaluated by how they live up to these five cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do.
Educate is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In creating this environment, we encourage people from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences to join our diverse team.
How To Apply