Evidence Action Field Officer Monitoring Job Kisumu Dec 2015
Evidence Action Field Officer Monitoring (DtW PMCV) career recruitment in Kisumu, Kenya Dec 2015
Job vacancy: Field Officer Monitoring Employment kenya 2015
Job Start Date: January 2016
Reporting To: Associate – DtW PMCV
Job Location: Kisumu, Kenya with domestic travels
About Evidence Action: Evidence Action scales proven interventions that improve the lives of millions. We implement cost-effective interventions whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence.
- Dispensers for Safe Water is an entrepreneurial program scaling the chlorine dispenser system – a proven innovation that dramatically expands access to water treatment at an extremely low cost.
- Deworm the World Initiative actively supports the scale-up of school-based deworming programs worldwide to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development.
- All ongoing program monitoring needs met (including M&E design and quality data collection)
- Programs delivered with access to timely and useful data for day-to-day programmatic planning and decision making
- Analysis and research conducted to support program improvements (including operation research, market research and cost-efficiency analysis)
- Support with timely, useful and clear information for evidence-based decision making (including provide support to connect the dots)
- Support provided to regional leadership for new programs and partnerships for exploration and evaluation
- Standards, systems and processes setup for delivery of all functions (monitoring, analysis, research, information systems and quality data)
- Learning and Communication (L&C): This team is responsible for supporting the program teams with timely information in innovative, useful and clear ways to translate analysis and research to evidence-based decision making and action.
- Monitoring, Analysis and Research (MAR): This team is responsible for ensuring that all ongoing program monitoring needs are met and analysis and research is conducted to support program improvements.
- Management Information Systems (MIS): This team is be responsible for ensuring that the all programs have access to timely and useful data for day-to-day programmatic planning and decision making through a cloud-based multi-user system.
- Programming & Data Management (PDM): This team is responsible for developing all the data collection tools, ensure that systems are available for data entry, and that all data collected is cleaned adequately and available in high quality in a timely manner so as to meet all ongoing program needs; including monitoring, information systems and analysis and research.
- Data Collection & Training (DCT): This team is responsible for drafting all data collection tools in collaboration with MAR, and conduct all data training and collection needs.
Field Officer PMCV is a member of the DQM sub-team and the larger MLIS team, and is responsible for supporting the data collection needs of all monitoring activities for the DtW Kenya, her other sub programs and other programs as needed across the organization.
Goals and Responsibilities: Field Officer PMCV job Kenya
Support Data Collection
- Accurately collect DtW evaluation data in the sampled districts, divisions, schools and communities, using electronic and/or paper instruments.
- Participate in bench-testing of electronic instruments as part of training and instrument improvement process
- Timely and meaningfully support flow of information from the field to the Program Leadership by utilizing “soft feedback” tools.
- Support data flow process from the field to the office, by adhering to the data flow protocol that indicates when and how submit data
- Enthusiastically provide mentorship to new staff involved in DtW data collection activities, including shadowing their work in the initial days in the field.
- Maintain cordial public relation with local stakeholders, including government officials and community members, through observing meaningful and respectful engagement in the course of field work.
- Contribute toward the cost-efficiency of the organization and programs through accurate management of financial payments and expenditures in the field and at the office
- Support data collection needs from other programs, and other duties as may be assigned by the MLIS leadership.
- Accurately enter all data collected in the field during the PMCV rounds of the teams using the Open Data Kit (ODK)
- Accurately enter all program data collected during the National School based Deworming Program (NSBDP).
- Ensure that all the data entered is sent to the server as required
- Track all the data entered by completing a data entry log
- Ensure that all the forms entered for the day are filed appropriately
- Ensure that the daily data entry deadlines are met as expected
- Ensure that all FOs working under your supervision take notes on the challenges and issues encountered in the field so as to use these to compile a field report
- Compile a joint report for all the FOs working under your supervision during any field activity using existing templates
- Support the supervision all FOs working under your sub team during any field activity with the guidance of the Associate or Senior Associate
- Ensure that all FOs within your sub team have all the information and tools they require before starting a field activity
- Respond to all enquiries from FOs from your sub team whenever in the field. Consult your supervisor in case of any difficulties
- Keep constant communication with FOs in your sub team to ensure that they are performing their duties as expected and are not facing any challenges
- Report any misgivings of any of your sub team FOs to your supervisor as soon as this is discovered.
Required Competencies and Attributes: Field Officer PMCV job Kenya
- A minimum of a diploma in Information Technology, monitoring and evaluation, community development and social work or any other related courses. Graduates with a certificate from credible teacher training colleges and/or medical training institutions are also encouraged to apply.
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Embraces team work and aspires and supports the ideals of working in a team work environment as a team champion
- Passion to work in a rural community setting
- Flexible mindset and willingness to relocate on a short notice to other field based assignments in other regions.
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills. Ability to communicate well within the organization and with the rural communities and local leaders
- Basic leadership skills in managing people ,working with communities, government officers, schools and teams
- Basic computer skills and comfort to advance the skills in a dynamic IT field.
- Proactive and ambitious to support innovation and change in a dynamic working environment
- Positive attitude to work and to develop in a fast paced work environment
- Previous experience in working with Evidence Action in conducting DtW activities including NSBDP, LF or TUMIKIA will be an added advantage