Feb 2018 Factory Manager New Job in Adami Tulu Ethiopia
Vacant Position: Factory Manager – Adami Tulu
The position would be based at Adami Tulu which is 170Km away from Addis Ababa.
There are 6 direct reports:
- Production Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Quality Manager
- HR Manager (matrix)
- Finance Manager (matrix)
- Supply Chain Manager
- Manufacturing Planning: Review the volume projections for the factory and devise the budgetary requirements. Ensure adherence towards the execution of the operational plans within the stipulated budgets and timelines.
- Process Improvement Initiatives: Ensure overall quality improvement of processes and systems at the plant. Identify areas of possible improvement in the current manufacturing process. Assist factory teams to form cross functional teams to undertake process improvement initiatives
- Production Management: Ensure market serviceability as per defined timelines and agreed quantities. Review and discuss the production performance on various defined key performance indicators and carry out smooth and continuous production run.
- Quality Management: Ensure maintenance of quality standards with respect to products, processes and systems at the plants. Assess the need for capital investment and new quality systems to implement quality initiatives. Resolve Customer complaints with speed and ensure correction of root causes
- Plant Performance Evaluation: Review plant performance reports prepared by the plant teams. Review production indices with respect to fuel consumption, power consumption, man days per ton, manufacturing cost, production yield
- Maintenance Management: Review the repairs and maintenance budget on periodic basis. Review annual maintenance contract and adherence to maintenance SOPs and standards
- EHS (Environment, Health & Safety): Ensure compliance to all the EHS related guidelines at all times.
- People Management: As Head of the Factory, role leads a cross functional team providing direction and guidance on all work matters and aids to develop a culture of high performance.
- Statutory Compliance ( Manufacturing) : Understand the required regulatory guidelines and ensure timely accreditation of all certificates, licenses in areas such as pollution control norms, boiler control etc.
Educational Qualification & Experience:
- Graduate in engineering or food technology with a 15 – 20 years of experience in the foods industry of which the last 5years should have been in leading a plant or an equivalent corporate role in the supply chain function
- The person must have demonstrated experience in leading a large and very complex plant in the Foods industry with workforce in excess of 1000 persons. Experience in a greenfield plant would be an advantage.
- Manufacturing experience in different and diverse cultures and countries would be preferred.
- The person must have worked in renowned companies (ideally MNC’s) that have the best in class processes and practices, with strong exposure to concepts of world class manufacturing/continuous improvement/TQM etc.
- High standards of process discipline and adherence to control systems
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Clear and precise communication with multiple points of contact
- Maintain the required standards of professionalism in the face of multiple demands and potential conflict situations
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO SEND THEIR APPLICATIONS TO email@example.com WITH THE SUBJECT FACTORY MANAGER ON OR BEFORE 9.2.2018