Feb 2018 KickStart International Job in Nairobi Kenya
KickStart International Inc.
Vacant Position: Sales & Marketing Administrator
KickStart International prides itself in being an award-winning, global nonprofit social enterprise that develops and mass- markets low-cost irrigation solutions that are bought by thousands of small-holder farmers in developing countries and used to increase their income by up to a factor of ten, enabling them to lift themselves sustainably out of poverty.
(See www.KickStart.org for more information).
Function: Data Entry, Customer Care, Sales and Marketing
Location: KickStart HQ Office – Nairobi with travel to the field
Role Purpose: He or she will be responsible for putting in place a seamless sales administration and marketing support system in place and coordinate all GIP (Global Institutional Partnerships) operations between different functions of the organization and or with international partners.
He or she will hugely contribute the sustainable development and growth of the organization through optimal management of the sales business process in all the countries we work.
He/she will lead, coordinate, plan and implement sales and marketing activities in time and within budget.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Director of Global Institutional Partnerships.
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
Works with: GIP Sales Team, Fundraising, P.I.D, Finance, Innovations and Admin team
Key Areas of Accountability:
Customer Care and Marketing:
- Maintaining and developing new and existing customers through planned individual account management and liaison with internal sales and other supporting functions.
- Competently handle and resolve all customer queries either through telephone, electronically or face to face.
- Demonstrate Kickstart product s to walk in customers in the office and other demonstrations locations.
- Communicate and update GIP teams and or customers on changes in the business process.
- Build and manage departmental intelligence in the organization.
- Provide back up support to all GIP programs.
- Timely and diligently process sales quote, orders, invoices and payments.
- Provide all necessary export documentations to facilitate timely delivery in liaison with Product Supply Chain and external regulatory bodies and agencies.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries received on phone, email, via website, email handle and or any other means.
- Provide orientation and induction to new GIP staff in liaison with HR department.
- Participate in sales activities – marketing campaigns, trade fairs and exhibitions and providing user training as the case may be.
- Direct customer requests and emerging issues to the relevant desks and follow up to ensure appropriate action has been taken.
- Provide real time cargo tracking and after sales follow up to ascertain delivery and reception of pumps.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process by continuously evaluating and identifying opportunities to drive process improvement that positively impact the customer’s experience.
- Collate, compile and maintain monthly sales data from all hubs for decision making.
- Prepare update report of sales activities in the month and as and when need arise.
Supporting GIP business operation
- Provide administrative oversight on sales related activities including cash, and business advance requests, purchasing department merchandise facilitations, trade fair and exhibition participation, managing demo pumps movements and promotional activities.
- Manage distributor accounts and ensure outstanding trade b=debts are collected.
- Building and review of the sales pipelines and reviews.
- Ensuring strict adherence to sales business process and policy.
- Order posting and progression up to delivery.
- Liaison with product supply ensure that products are available on demand.
- Use personal judgement and initiatives to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and blocks in GIP business activities and procedures.
- Ensure that all guarantee forms from the field are collected, delivered to the office, and data is entered and summarized on time
- Ascertain that data collected using the above tools is consistently correct and ensure all guarantee forms have genuine and unique pump serial numbers through an instant auto-detect ERP system,
- Enter all data collected through the above tools in the designated database with regular cleaning to ensure data uniformity,
- Prepare and submit monthly pump sales breakdown and analysis
- Produce ad hoc reports from the Guarantee Forms database that may be required from time to time by various stakeholders,
- Perform very clear analysis of household survey data, ensuring timely data entry and cleaning.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management under the same
- Agency and Vendor liaison and promotional activities
- Assist in training the sales team and dealer network on our promotional events and marketing campaigns.
- Photo storage, organization and maintenance of server files, with creative’s, vendor lists.
- Manage files – purchase requisitions, receipts, etc. online and hard copies. Keep track of marketing materials and stocks in closet
- Assist in management of the front desk and other administrative tasks as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum a business degree with a bias in marketing.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a multi lingual and cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written as well as oral communication skills;
- Commitment to KickStart’s values
Skills And Behaviours
- Planning, organizational, analytical skills and a team player with positive attitude.
- Developing schedules and follow up.
- Hands on experience to getting the job done.
- Must be willing to learn new ideas and able to learn quickly.
- Ability to work smart.
- Abe to manage vendor through effective negotiation.
- Meticulous, excellent writing skills, creativity and attentive to details.
- Hands on, self-driven and passionate about the mission of KickStart.
- Willingness and flexible to travel and work all over Kenya and among the poor communities.
- Strong computer skills.
How to Apply
If you feel you are the right candidate for this job, please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com quoting the position title on the subject line by COB 21st February, 2018.