FIDA Baseline & Gender Analysis NGO Vacancies in Kenya Kenya 2021
FIDA Baseline & Gender Analysis NGO Vacancies in Kenya Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: FIDA Baseline & Gender Analysis NGO Vacancies in Kenya Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
Enhancing Accountability Mechanisms and Women’s Ability to Participate and Influence Governance Structures at National and County levels in Marsabit, Kajiado, Busia and Tana River Counties.
FIDA-Kenya is a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-profit making membership organization whose vision is a society that upholds and respects the rights of women. FIDA-Kenya’s mission is to promote women’s individual and collective power to claim their rights in all spheres of life. FIDA-Kenya believes in gender equality as a fundamental human right and envisions a society where special interest groups have equal rights and opportunities and that they are treated with respect and dignity. FIDA-Kenya embraces a people-centered approach that focuses on building programmatic outcomes on a platform of human rights to inform social transformation based on self-reliance, social justice, and participatory decision making while building the capacity of duty bearers to understand and deliver on their roles and mandate.
FIDA-Kenya recognizes that accountability sits at the heart of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and that it is considered a transformational approach to achieving real change and realizing the SDGs. To achieve transformational change, FIDA-Kenya appreciates that citizens are not only beneficiaries but are catalysts for change. As such, FIDA-Kenya acknowledges an active accountability loop where both citizens and the state are empowered and have the capacity to take action to support processes and systems that are Gender Equality and Women Empowerment (GEWE) responsive in terms of planning, budgeting, implementation for accountable service delivery.
3.0 Baseline Purpose and Scope:
FIDA-Kenya is embarking on a three-year project (2021-2023) in Busia, Kajiado, Marsabit, and Tana River Counties. The goal is to enhance county-level accountability mechanisms and women’s ability to participate and influence governance structures at county and national levels. This three-year project seeks to foster inclusive, gender-responsive, and evidence-based planning, budgeting, and implementation for accountable service delivery.
As part of project entry, FIDA-Kenya seeks to recruit a consultant to carry out a Baseline and Gender Analysis in the four target counties. The objective of this baseline and gender analysis is to gather relevant baseline data in the four target counties that will form the project starting point against which the project interventions will be assessed, and results measured and tracked throughout the project. As such the scope of work will include all the four target counties (Kajiado, Tana River, Busia, and Marsabit) with a specific focus on public participation, budget making and implementation, and social accountability processes including Gender Equality and Women Empowerment (GEWE) responsiveness.
The baseline and gender analysis will entail a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods to gather primary and secondary data on the subject matter. All data, qualitative and quantitative, collected through the baseline will be disaggregated by location, age, and sex. Triangulation of information gathered during the quantitative and qualitative research is crucial in this baseline as well as in the gender analysis.
5.0 Expected Deliverables:
In conducting the project baseline and gender analysis the consultant is required to consider the following uses in mind:
- Provide project team baseline data for project indicators that will serve as benchmarks for measuring the project performance and form the basis of the final assessment.
- Provide the project team and other stakeholders with accurate, reliable, clear, and concise information to engage effectively in advocacy initiatives on the subject matter.
- Identify best practices and recommend ways to inculcate gender mainstreaming and strengthen, public participation, planning, and budgeting processes at the county and national levels.
- Provide baseline and gender analysis findings to be shared and discussed at the launch of the project and subsequently disseminated to other stakeholders to create awareness of the county status.
In light of the aforementioned uses, the following are the expected Deliverables:
- Detailed inception report including detailed draft methodology and sampling approach for quantitative data collection, quantitative and qualitative tools finalized in agreement with the FIDA-Kenya team.
- Data collection, entry, and analysis
- Draft baseline and gender analysis report submitted for comments.
- Final baseline and gender analysis report submitted reflecting FIDA-Kenya’s comments
- An abridged baseline and gender analysis report synthesizing the main findings of the survey.
- A set of recommendations for each of the four target counties for project monitoring during implementation and scale up of project activities.
- Oral presentation of the baseline and gender analysis findings during the virtual launch of the project
- Production of the project launch summary report to supplement the final report.
- A detailed methodology that shall incorporate the prevailing COVID 19 pandemic in the conduct of the assignment as well as proposals for the project in that regard.
The timeframe for this consultancy and the required level of effort is 10 calendar days.
7.0 Minimum Qualifications and desired Expertise:
- Degree in Law, Public Policy, Economics, Gender Studies, or any other related field. A Masters degree or its equivalent that is related to the disciplines of devolved governance, budget making and implementation process, social accountability, gender mainstreaming, and gender-responsive budgeting will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Constitution, Public Finance Management Act, and the County Government Act
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in budget making and implementation processes.
- Have in-depth knowledge in data collection and analysis.
- Possess excellent report writing and analytical skills.
- Previous experience consulting with NGOs or for the Government.
- Ability to produce high-quality work under tight timeframes.
8.0 Application Requirements and Procedure
Interested applicants who meet the prescribed qualifications and have the required expertise to deliver on the consultancy are invited to submit an expression of interest that includes the following:
- The technical proposal should include an interpretation of the objectives of the consultancy, a detailed methodology, and an elaborate work plan, organization/individual capacity statement, experience and activities related to this assignment, CVs of the consulting team, and their roles in the assignment’s achievement; names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional referees.
- The financial proposal should include a detailed budget proposal, a detailed profile of the firm, including contact and physical address, telephone numbers, and a copy of the registration certificate, VAT, and PIN where applicable.