Finance Officer Job Pact Kenya 2020
Finance Officer Job Pact Kenya 2020
Career Employment Kenya: Finance Officer Job Pact Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Finance Officer Jobs, Finance Jobs in Kenya, Pact Jobs
Pact’s mission is to build empowered communities, effective governments and responsible organizations that give people an opportunity for a better life.
- Pact Inc. Kenya office seeks to hire a Finance Officer to be based in the Nairobi Office to provide an opportunity to put into practice the knowledge and experience they have acquired.
- Reporting to the Finance and Grants Director, the Finance Officer will primarily be responsible for the day to day finance functions and will supervise the Finance Assistant.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Review purchase orders raised in the accounting system and post them to the correct accounting codes before purchases are made, ensuring tracking of commitments
- Review and post invoice and payment batches entered by the Finance Officer/Assistant into the accounting system before payment vouchers and checks are raised
- Review and post cashbook batches after checks have been signed by authorized Pact Kenya signatories
- Process payroll and import payroll journals
- Perform bank agency and petty cash custodian roles
- Review petty cash payment requests before cash is disbursed and arrange for petty cash to be replenished every two weeks or before close of accounting month
- Reconcile travel advance accounts for staff before additional advances are issued.
- Analyze customer ledger balances and vendor lender balances on a weekly basis and clear or follow up on outstanding items
- Review accounts payable accounts and ensure payments are made promptly and any outstanding balances are reconciled
- Keep track of cash position and prepare cash request for additional funds on need basis for Finance Director’s review
- Prepare invoices to other Pact country offices once Pact in Kenya pays an expense on their behalf for Finance Director’s review and submission
- Support in the preparation of monthly Reports for Pact, including bank reconciliations
- Generate journals for posting by the Finance Director and post journals reviewed by the Finance Director
- Review outstanding grant advances account when grantees request for advances and ensure that grantees are not holding too much cash at any one time to reduce risks associated with cash management
- Facilitate addition of new sub-grantees in the accounting system
- Carry out reconciliation of grant advance accounts and follow up with grant officers to ensure grantees are liquidating in a timely manner.
- Review and post Grantee Liquidation Reports and raise any differences resulting from currency fluctuations
- Assist in Organizational audit for Pact Inc
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, commerce, business or any other related field
- CPA III
- 3 – 5 years of relevant professional experience in a similar position preferably in an NGO.
- Knowledge of USAID and other donor policies, regulations and reporting requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and DB skills.
- Competence in common IT applications.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to manage competing urgent requests and priorities.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Sound judgment, and ability to communicate and work effectively with others at all levels.
- Maintain a high level of transparency, accountability and integrity.
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- A team player: ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and respect of organizational values
How to Apply
Interested applicants fulfilling the minimum requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Finance Officer” on the subject line
Deadline for applications: 28th February 2020.** Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Quick Read >>> Motivational Tips For Your Job search