Finance Officer Job. Save The Children Kenya 2019
Finance Officer Job. Save The Children Kenya 2019
Career Employment Kenya: Finance Officer Job. Save The Children Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Level 1 – The role holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be mandatory unless the content or location of the role changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level will be reviewed.
The Finance Officer – Payables will support the Head of Finance Planning and Reporting in delivering the Finance teams objectives in a timely and accurate fashion. This is a key role, as it will pivotal in ensuring timely payment processing of all payables and liabilities in the centralised model of the Country Office.
- Receives all documents from the field offices.
- Review and register the completeness of documents received from the field and report on any omissions/missing documentation to the support services officer.
- Prepare payment vouchers for all payments received and ensure that they have been signed-off as per the scheme of delegation.
- Maintain a schedule of recurrent expenditure for the Country Office i.e. Utilities such as Electricity Bills, Water Bills, Internet Bills, and Security, Cleaning services to ensure that they are all paid and accrued on a timely basis.
- Timely preparation of statutory deduction payments.
- Preparation of withholding tax payments.
- Register all documents through the accounts payable module in the Financial Management System or prepare accompanying GLACOS and submit the payment vouchers for review by the line manager for posting and further processing.
- Processing the payroll GLACOs for review and posting by the line manager or appointed designate.
- Perform aging analysis and supplier reconciliations.
Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliation
- Single Account Reconciliation as directed by the line manager
- Perform Monthly Bank Reconciliations for approval by the line manager
- Perform Monthly MPESA Reconciliations for approval by the line manager
Controls and Reporting
- Ensure clear audit trail of processed transactions and their linkage to the accounting system
- Implementation of any accounting and financial audit recommendations.
- Provision of information to field offices on the status of payment for each of their requests.
- Back stop for Finance Officer Treasury.
- Internal and external audit support.
- Participate in Procurement committees in the Country Office.
- Ensure internal controls are maintained.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Support new SCI staff finance induction
- Working with other teams (HR, Supply Chain, Awards, field teams etc) to enhance efficient processes
- Supervise and motivate the three finance officers
- Manage performance of Finance Officers through:
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
- Provide training, capacity building and ensure the team has the right working tools
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/work plans.
Any other responsibility as assigned by Line Manager
- Bachelors of Commerce degree in an area Finance or equivalent.
- Professional qualifications in Accounting (CPA II section finalist or ACCA II)
- Recommended a minimum of 2 years experience in Accounting/financial management; payroll, purchase ledger, cash / bank reconciliations
- Strong working computer skills especially in accounting packages
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, preferred
- Commitment to Save the Children values
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.