GAIN Country Programs Operations Lead NGO Jobs Kenya Kenya 2021
GAIN Country Programs Operations Lead NGO Jobs Kenya Kenya 2021
Career Employment Kenya: GAIN Country Programs Operations Lead NGO Jobs Kenya Kenya 2021
Job Description: Today vacancy in Kenya
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking an experienced and strategic Country Programs Operations Lead to support the Country Programs team with the development, planning and improvement of operations within the GAIN country offices.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The Country Programs Operations Lead (CPOL) will provide highly skilled and senior-level strategic operational support to the Country Directors (CDs) across GAIN’s nine Country Programmes. They will lead in the ongoing development and improvements of operations in GAIN countries.
As a centralized position, the CPOL will support countries to achieve high quality integrated planning and to deliver standardized operational practices working in collaboration with professional services (Finance, HR, IT) in GAIN. The CPOL promotes and provides quality assurance, monitoring of business plans, and consistent management compliance.
In addition to this, the CPOL may be deployed to Country Programmes for short-term on-site assignments and must be capable of quickly assuming the Country Director (CD) position in-country on an interim basis. They may also be called upon to support where the CD is in place but requests operational assistance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide senior leadership and managerial expertise to support the implementation of country business plans and the day-to-day delivery of programmes and operational support
- Provide interim emergency cover and operational assistance for Country Directors for a period of 2-8 weeks as necessary
- Working closely with program teams to ensure compliance with donor monitoring, reporting spending and legal requirements.
- Oversee budgetary accountability for projects where required, ensuring alignment and coordination.
- Assisting the Director of Country Programs and Country Directors with the design, implementation, delivery or closure of projects.
- Provide additional mentoring support and guidance to Project Sponsors and Project Managers at various stages of the project life cycle, ensuring more alignment and coordination
- Support countries to implement and improve key organizational processes, operating procedures, and practices in Country Programmes and working on improvement projects in collaboration with the relevant professional function area
- Support the CDs and their Country Management Teams on the operationalization of country business plans. This includes tracking of progress against the Country Development Model, supporting the Senior Associates with the operations aspects of their functional roles, and coordinating reviews and updates.
- Lead on the development and maintenance of a Country Information Hub that collects data from various existing information systems in GAIN in order to provide the CPT, DCP (and senior leadership) with management reports
The successful candidate will have leadership and management experience in leading and developing projects in a multi-cultural environment at international level within the private sector, food industry or with development organizations. You will have a strong understanding of public health and community development alongside a good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development.
- A Degree in International Development, Business Administration or Emergency Management or equivalent professional experience.
- Solid experience in representation with key donors, government, and internal and external stakeholders with a demonstrable track record in fundraising and business development.
- Excellent understanding and experience of risk, programme, project, financial and operational management.
- Strong experience in donor reporting, designing, setting up and coordinating, monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment systems and processes.
- Proven track record of developing strategies, and short-term interim management of international development programmes achieving key objectives and delivering core outputs.
About our offer
Starting salary for this role is listed per location below;
Please note, this salary stated is per annum and is depending on experience.
London, United Kingdom: GBP 63,067 – 67,560
Utrecht, The Netherlands: EUR 78,034 to 83,595
Nairobi, Kenya: KES 6,185,127 – 7,077,009
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on 5th May 2021. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.