Hardware Manager Job Kenya Red Cross Kenya 2020
Hardware Manager Job Kenya Red Cross Kenya 2020
Career Employment Kenya: Hardware Manager Job Kenya Red Cross Kenya 2020
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Hardware Manager Jobs, Engineering Jobs In Kenya, Kenya Red Cross Jobs
Position: DM-WASH Hardware Manager
The role will be responsible and accountable to the Head of Disaster Management for the design, development, implementation and evaluation of community-based sustainable DM-WASH infrastructure development programs. Specific duties include supervising the design, construction and rehabilitation of livelihoods, shelter and water supply systems and sanitation facilities. Other duties include community engagement and capacity building of staff, volunteers and community members for sustainable management of installed infrastructure for resilience building
- Provide advice to KRCS National and grassroots institutional structures to Design, Implement and Evaluate DM projects with respect to livelihoods and emergency operations hardware infrastructure
- Coordinate projects implementation and enhance effective internal and external collaboration with other sector themes for high impact programming
- Ensure value for money in the DM- WASH infrastructure designs and installations through technical; oversight in contacting and managing contractor assignments
- Design and develop specifications for the procurement of DM- WASH equipment, machinery and related hardware
- Responsible for technical drawing, designing and evaluations of infrastructure installation proposals for implementation
- Provide oversight for the implementation of integrated community-based DM programme that are geared towards community resilience building such as; WASH, livelihoods, nutrition and emergency operations
- Prepare concept papers, proposals, periodic and annual reports as well as provide justification for performance variances and recommending strategies for improvement
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and integrity of the programme – focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with national and international technical standards
- Ensure development and implementation of resource mobilization strategy, including building new partnerships locally and internationally for continued or new funding opportunities through preparation of funding proposals in line with KRCS strategic plan, county priorities and in compliance to donor requirements
- Establish and maintain regular contact with partner organizations, liaise and co-ordinate with the appropriate government bodies whenever appropriate to ensure successful project progress
- Documentation of good practices and lessons learnt to enhance knowledge management in DM and KRCS sustainable infrastructure development
- Prepare periodic project status reports and oversee the documentation and reporting of programmes to ensure compliance with stipulated requirements, coordinate timely responses to donor queries as well as inform on constraints on programs delivery
- Substantial record of achievement at management level
- Evidence of successfully developing and delivering strategies to meet business objectives and achieve planned results
- Substantial record of successfully managing change
- Record of successfully managing large scale projects
- Ability to work closely and establish positive relationships with local community leaders, security actors, education sector leaders, vulnerable youth and the community.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to engage the interests of a wide range of audiences
- Ability to work across different cultures and social economic platforms.
- Ability to respond constructively to changing demands, meet tight deadlines and maintain quality services
- Management skills to ensure the efficient and effective provision of quality services
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills
- Effective leadership and motivational skills
- Technical expertise in design of livelihood, Water and Sanitation and emergency operation infrastructure projects in Kenya
- Ability to develop and implement accountability and performance management systems, as well as provide support for professional development
- Relevant under graduate qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualifications. Postgraduate qualification in Engineering will be an added advantage.
- Over five (5) years’ experience in developing, implementing community-based water, sanitation and hygiene programmes especially in arid and semi-arid areas.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should click here to apply so as to reach us not later than 6th March 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MUST READ>>> 4 Things That Employers Want To See In Your CV